...you

After the dance, "Come with me," Jungkook said, still looking into my eyes, still holding my hand. I nodded again. I couldn't speak, I was speechless. I let him lead me out. 

Outside, it was less crowded, almost empty, and cold. My hand was let go for a minute, so I wrapped myself, trying to make myself warm. Then I felt a coat wrap around my shoulders. I looked up and saw Jungkook putting his coat on me.
"There. I hope it's warm enough now," he said, smiling. I kept staring at him. I was confused. Then that girl...?

As if to answer my question, there she was, walking in with another guy. She glanced at us, smiled and gave a thumbs up. I was puzzled. I heard Jungkook chuckle.
"Wondering what that was?" I looked at him again. He was looking at me with a stare and smirk that made me melt.
"Yeah. She...?" I finally stuttered out.
"Is a distant cousin of mine who helped me in my little drama." He was still looking at me. "Looks like it really worked on you. Gosh, you look so cute when you're confused." 

C-CUTE?! I was blushing like mad. What the heck, this is my best friend and I'm blushing at what he's saying?! He's said this when we were small too, but why am I like this? 

"So I've actually known my date all along," I thought.
"What was that?" he asked. Oops, I thought it out loud, didn't I?
"Nothing," I replied. We reached a brightly lit tree in silence.
"Thanks," I said, breaking the silence. He turned to me, with a confused smile.
"For?"
I scratched my hand, quite embarrassed. "Well, for asking me out. And in a really surprising manner. I have to say, that was quite romantic. The anonymity, and suddenly, boom! He's been here the entire time," I said.
"Same," he said. 

Again, confusion. 

"Huh?" 

He giggled.
"I meant, well, you know how people go searching for that one special person, only to find out that, that person has been there, beside you the entire time? That, I meant, same." What was he getting at? I was trying to suppress my expectation. Plus, my heart was starting to let me know it's in there, alive and kicking.
"Y-you've felt that?" I asked him. He looked down and... blushed! Yes, there he was, his face flushed a bright red.
"Yeah..." He said, slowly. 

"Who?"

I had to ask. I just HAD to ask. 

He looked back up at me.
"Someone I've known for a long time," He said, taking a step towards me. 

"Someone with whom I've felt like I actually belong."
Another step.

"Someone who can make my heart both calm and contented one moment, and race wildly like a wild horse the next."
And another step.

"Someone I lost and wanted to keep close to me since the day I got her back." One step closer.

"Someone whose eyes seem like they were made of galaxies... Someone who's like my twin... Someone whom I want to call my soulmate... " 

"Someone, that is... you." 

My heart was going wild at this point. He was so close to me, I could feel his breath against my nose. His beautiful doe eyes were locked on mine.

"So I'll say it now, because I've waited long enough." he said, huskily.
My heart was going out of control. My hands were shaking, I was sweating, and screaming internally. Until...

"I love you, Y/n."

..... I couldn't care less about anything around me at that point. Everything else was oblivion. All I could see was, a love going both ways, with Jungkook being the final destination. All I could hear was my heart beat, screaming at me to reveal what I had hid in there all this time.

"It's fine if you don't feel the same way about me. At least I let you know, and at least we're best friends."

"Not any longer," I blurted out. He froze.

And...

"I love you too, Jungkook."

His eyes lit up. Slowly, a smile crept up his blushing face. I was also blushing like a tomato. 
"Y-you do?" He stuttered out.
"You may find this absurd, but, since day one, actually. Feels like a thousand years," I said.

For a moment everything stopped, until Jungkook flashed the biggest smile and started to run around, skipping like a giddy little school boy and going, "YEEEESSS!" and whooping in delight. 

"Hehe, slow down!" I said after him. Then he ran upto me and without any warning, he lifted me in his arms and twirled me around, both of us giggling like mad. Then he stopped for a while, still looking into my eyes with a big smile on his face.
"You don't know how happy you make me right now," he said.
"Hehe, you just took the words out of my mouth," I said.
He chuckled and said, "Look up."
I looked up, and gave a little gasp.

"Mistletoe...," I whispered. Then it hit me. I looked back down at Jungkook looking at me with hopeful eyes.
"Aren't you going to follow the tradition?" He said, teasingly. I gave him an 'are you serious' look.
He giggled and asked slowly, "May I...?"

I blushed. I looked away.

"Are you serious?! Did he just ask to k-kiss me? Should I?.... Would I?"

After thinking hard, I looked at him, cupped his face in my hands, and slowly brought my face close to his, until...
his sweet and soft lips met with mine.

We broke the kiss ever so slowly. Jungkook slowly looked at me, and said, "Once more... please?" 

I was speechless. *sigh* Well, why resist?

I kissed him again, this time he slowly let me down, kissing me back. I tried breaking the kiss, only to get pulled closer by the waist and his hand holding the back of my head, not letting me go. He tilted his head and his lips moved along gently with mine, making me melt. And gradually, he deepened the kiss, making it more passionate. 

Then, after what felt like forever, we pulled apart, him looking into my eyes, making me blush even more. He kept his forehead on mine and whispered,

"You're mine. Only mine. I want you beside me no matter what."

A/N: What do you think of this chapter?