The Slumber Party

Betty was pissed. The party started out great but before too long V, Cheryl and Kevin decided that they couldn't lie to her and told her what Kevin had overheard in the stands. After telling her word for word what he heard Kevin stopped and looked at her with a pained expression.

"We are so sorry, Betts. We don't want to ruin your friendship with them but we couldn't lie to you and felt that you deserved the truth." V said.

"I can't believe this. They've been doing this for years. It all makes sense now. The strange looks from boys. How they would start talking to me and then suddenly stop. I feel betrayed. Why would my "Best friends" do this? Did they really not trust me to make my own choices?" B began ranting.

Cheryl stopped her "because they love you and were jealous."

B shook her head " That doesn't work. If they liked me, why didn't they tell me?"

C responded "Because one of them had a secret that he didn't think you would approve of and the other wanted to keep you waiting in the wings while he had some fun with other girls. Didn't one of them just come clean with his big secret and don't pretend that we don't see the hickeys on you after you left with him."

At this B softened a bit. She understood why Jug would do this. He was always so unsure of his worth and his mother and sister leaving had made him feel unlovable. She was still pissed at him though and she was completely livid at Arch.

"I see what you are saying but I still need a bit of payback from Jug and a hell of a lot from Arch."

"We were hoping you would say that" V said while clapping her hands. "Don't worry we have a plan."

After filling her in on the plan B asked, "Where are we going to find someone to do that? Everyone here is afraid of Arch and Jug, especially now that they all saw Jug is a Serpent and I left with him tonight."

V replied " I think that I have someone who would work. He's an old friend from New York and he was planning on visiting me this weekend. Do you think that you can avoid the guys until then?"

"I don't know, it's only Tuesday and they both seemed like they wanted to talk to me in the morning, especially Jughead." B then told the group everything that happened down by the river. When she finished they all looked excited.

"I think that you would make a great match" Kevin said.

"I did too but now I don't know. I think that he deserves some payback at least." B responded.

"I agree and it sounds like he wants to lock you down in a relationship asap. We're lucky he didn't tonight. Our plan won't work if that happens." C said.

B replied, "But I don't want to reject him either. Jugs got low self worth. If I reject him now, it might completely damage out relationship."

V clapped her hands, "I've got it! We just need to take a trip to New York! This will be perfect. Mom and I were planning on a shopping trip before school started and now we can take you. It will be even better for our plan because then you can meet Peter and we can bring him back with us!"

V ran off to ask her mom about the impromptu trip. "She said yes but you need to check with your mom too!" B called her mom who was unsure to say the least but agreed under the stipulation that Cheryl was going too. Everyone looked at V.

"The more, the merrier. Kevin, are you coming?" V asked with a shrug.

Kevin shook his head, "I wish but no way would my dad let me go. Besides you need boots on the ground here to help set this up." The group agreed but said that they were going to find him a fabulous shirt to repay him.