The Gang Reunited

Riverdale Betty's POV

Our group walked into a silent Pop's and I looked at our other group of friends uneasily. Toni and Fangs stood up and ran over to hug all of us.

"We missed you!" Toni said.

"How was the trip?" Fangs asked as they walked us over to the booth where everyone else was sitting. Sweet Pea smiled and got up lazily. He nodded at everyone and then came over to me and picked me up in a big bear hug. I laughed and he chuckled and set me down.

He then sauntered back to stand with Toni while I said "Aww I missed you too!" and everyone laughed. Well, almost everyone... Arch and Jug wouldn't make eye contact or even smile. After an awkward moment, Toni pulled Jug's arm to get him up out of the booth and he seemed to break out of his trance.

He shook his head and said "Don't ever leave again. It was awful.". He walked over and put his arm around C's shoulders while reached out with his other arm and snagged me around waist and pulled us into a three person hug. He let go of C but I noticed that he kept his arm around my waist even after he turned to face the group. I wasn't the only one who noticed either. Everyone seemed to look at us for a minute and I saw anger in Arch's face and heard Peter let out a low chuckle. The sight of Jug's arm around me seemed to snap Arch out of his rage reverie. He jumped up and made a beeline for me. When he reached me, he seemed to stop himself for a second and then he leaned down and gave pulled me into a slow hug, knocking Jug's arm away in the process.

When he let me go, he grabbed my hand and turned while he said "Come sit down and tell us about your trip."

As he pulled me toward the booth, I said "Wait, I need to introduce you all to Peter." Everyone turned and looked at Peter who was hanging back.

"He's an old friend of V's and a wonderful new friend of C and I". I introduced Toni, Fangs, Sweet Pea, Jughead and Archie. Toni and Fangs shook Peter's hand but Sweet Pea, Jug and Arch just nodded at him. I narrowed my eyes, I expected this from Arch and even Jug but I didn't understand Sweet Pea's behavior. Why was he acting all territorial? I barely know him.

By now, all of us were standing and looked around to sit down. We needed two booths since there were so many of us so we sat at booths across the narrow aisle from each other so we could still all talk. V slipped into one side of a booth with C and Toni quickly followed. Kevin and Fangs sat on the opposite side of them. Jug and Arch realized what was happening sooner than I did and each sat in the other, smaller booth, facing each other. I looked for a minute, understanding that I had to pick one of them to sit next to. I slowly slid in next to Jug and Peter quickly sat next to me while Sweet Pea flopped down next to Arch. Archie narrowed his eyes at me but didn't say anything.

Pop came over and took our orders. We made small talk for a while and then our food arrived and everyone must have been as hungry as I was because we didn't say anything for a bit while we stuffed our faces.

As soon as Juggie finished eating he put his arm on the back of my seat and around my shoulders. I heard Peter chuckle again as I stared at C with my help me look.

She saw and asked the whole group, "What did we miss? Anything exciting?"

Toni smirked and said, "Same old, same old for me but I think that Arch and Jug have some news."

We all looked at them and Arch looked flustered while Jug just mumbled "Nope, nothing interesting.

"Well, I want to hear all about what you did in New York and where did you find Peter?" Kevin said while Fangs looked a bit jealous.

"Yeah, Betts. Tell us about your trip" Jug said.

"Well, V called Peter up and he was able to meet up with us for the afternoon on Wednesday. He took us to the best stores all day and then he took us all out for dinner." I gushed.