The Lead up

Riverdale Betty's POV

"You can't seem to keep your hands off my girl, Peter. What are we going to do about that?" Jughead asked with a evil smirk.

Peter and I froze for a moment and then Peter chuckled while I started pulling on my ear.

"It's ok, Betts" he whispered to me.

"That's funny, Jughead. I don't know that Betty would agree with that" Peter looked at Jug in the eye and gently scooted me to the side so he could take a few steps towards him.

"Huh. That's the thing, isn't it? You don't really know Betty, do you? You just met her a few days ago. We have known each other for a lifetime." Jug responded rushing closer to Peter.

"Here's the other thing, since I've known her for so long, I can tell when she's hiding something. I can tell when she has something going on and after watching you two in Pop's I can tell you, this isn't what you two are trying to show it as and she will never end up with you." Jug said as he sneered at Peter.

Then he walked around Peter and stood in front of me and said, "Whenever you are ready to really tell me what's going on, I'll be here." He then kissed my lips softly and turned and walked out.

"Shit" I said and Peter quickly rushed over and grabbed my hand.

"Don't worry about it, Betts. Come on, lets go find the others." he said, pulling me close. We found everyone, including Jug in the entertainment room.

"Finally" Kevin said as we walked in, "We've been waiting on you to see all the outfits"

For a while, Kevin, Peter, Toni, V, C and I went through all of the new outfits while Arch, Fangs, Sweet Pea and Jug drank at the bar. We gave Kevin his shirt and he loved it, thankfully. We even showed them some of the lingerie and pj's we got, which Peter and Toni seemed to especially enjoy. After we got the clothes sorted, we took the bags back up to V's room.

When we came back, V announced "Ok, the plan is to have an old school sleepover with some new twists. I thought that I could show everyone where they can sleep and then we can all change into comfortable clothes and come back down here and hang out" Everyone agreed and grabbed their bags.

We followed V upstairs as she explained "We have three extra bedrooms with a big bed in each, there's also my room which has two beds and Peter's room has one large bed. B and C have already claimed the other bed in my room and Peter and I want to sleep in our own beds but we don't mind sharing if needed so you can pick where you are most comfortable."

"So... Peter and Betty aren't sharing a bed?" Sweet Pea asked.

"We thought that two nights in a row might be too much" I snapped back without thinking. Oops. Everyone stopped and stared at me. Thankfully, C and V started laughing and began walking again. I looked at Arch and he looked dumbfounded then I made the mistake of looking at Jug. He stared back at me with a strange look on his face.

Jug walked over to me a whispered "You need to be very careful right now. You are playing a dangerous game and trust me, I will win." in a voice that made my knees weak.

Arch and Jug decided to share one room, Toni and Kevin another and Sweet Pea and Fangs took the last. After everyone put their stuff in the appropriate rooms, we all changed into our pajamas. C, V and I decided to wear some of our new ones. We had all fallen in love with a set while shopping and decided to get them in different colors for each of us. The had simple super short shorts and fitted tank top that looked great on all of us. Cheryl's were in red (her signature color), Veronica's were in a deep plum and mine were in a light silver. We changed and I took my hair down. We took a bit of time to do some light makeup and then we were ready.