The Boys (and Toni)

Many hours later Arch and Jug walked into Pop's together and were greeted by a cheery male voice calling them to the back. As they reached the booth, the saw Kevin waving at them with Fangs.

"Hi guys. How's it going? Heard anything from the girls?" Kevin asked.

Arch nodded, "Betty texted a few hours ago when they got into New York"

As Jug sat down he said "I'm surprised that they didn't invite you to go."

"They did but my dad wouldn't have let me go. Plus I wanted to get to know my new guy friends a bit more. That sleep over has already locked in my new best girls." Kev replied as he snuggled closer to Fangs. The boys all sat down and ordered their food.

A few minutes later, Toni and Sweet Pea showed up to hang out.

"Where are the rest of the ladies?" Sweets asked.

"Yeah. What's up with the sausage party?" Toni sat down.

"They took an impromptu trip to NYC for some shopping and to check out some guys." Kevin replied.

"What!???" Arch, Jug and Toni said.

"I didn't get the impression that Cheryl and V were into guys. Trust me, we can sense our own." laughed Toni.

"I think you're right. It sounded like it was a search mission for Betty. She said that none of the guys around here liked her." Kevin said while smirking. Arch and Jug looked alarmed.

"That's not true" said Reggie who was listening from the booth behind them.

"I personally know at least a dozen guys that want to get a turn with the Cooper train" Chuck said from the same booth.

"Shut up" said Arch and Jug at the same time.

"That's strange because all we heard from Betty is how she never gets asked out. She actually said that she's never gone out on an actual date and the only reason she went to the dances last year is because you two took turns taking her as friends." Kevin said.

"Huh" Sweets said as he glared at Jug and Arch. Toni quickly changed the subject.

As the rest of the group was chatting, Jug furiously whispered at Arch, "I told you that we should stop."

Arch smirked confidently and replied "Don't worry. Betty is head over heels for me. She doesn't want some random guy from New York. Plus they are only there for a few days, she's not going to meet someone that quickly." Jug still looked worried but he joined the conversation and eventually relaxed.

After several hours, the boys and Toni started to wrap up to go home. Just then, Kevin got an alert on his phone.

"Woah, guys! It looks like the girls have already found someone for Betty." He showed them the picture V just sent him of Betty with a cute guy in a hoodie.

"Who is that?!" Arch demanded.

"It's an old friend of V's from New York. He's was nice enough to meet up with them for dinner and agreed to take them around as a tour guide in New York all week. Isn't that sweet?" K replied giggling.

"Why do they need a tour guide? Didn't V just move from there?" Jug asked darkly.

"I feel better knowing that there is a guy who knows New York with them, though." Kevin said while Arch rolled his eyes in frustration. They all said they're goodbyes and left. Jug and Arch got in the truck and bitched the whole way home about this new guy.

As Jug got on his bike Arch said, "Don't worry. It's just a few days. It's not like she's going to see him ever again besides maybe he's gay." Jug nodded but yet again Archie's words did not calm him.