Chapter One

Jase's breathing was fast and ragged as he fought back tears. He was in the punishment room with the two trainers that always worked with his group at the Market. Trainer One was a shorter, fat man with snake-like eyes and greasy hair, and Trainer Two was tall and silent, only ever showing emotion when he smirked dealing out punishments. Usually to Jase, the favorite recipient.

The belt he was being whipped with flew down again, biting into his skin and making the tears he'd been trying to hold back fall. He hated the belt; it was his biggest fear here. Most of the other slaves hated the whips or canes most, but Jase harbored a special fear of the studded belts. Somehow the trainer's had figured that out, and he was now whipped with it regularly.

"What did you do, filth? Why are you being punished?" Trainer One demanded, pulling Jase's dark hair so that his head was back, his neck exposed.

"I d-didn't e-eat my f-f-food, sir," he answered brokenly, chest heaving. Trainer One nodded, grinning wickedly down at him.

"That's right, you little slut. Why didn't you eat your food?"

Jase stared at him pleadingly, terror in his big eyes. The belt cracked down when he didn't answer, making him cry out and yelp when Trainer One pulled his hair harder.

"Why. Answer me or I'll give you another twenty."

Jase whimpered and tears continued to slide down his cheeks .

"I don't know!" He yelled when the belt came down again, and Trainer One smiled maliciously.

"Thirty lashes and then back to your cage, whore. You can think about it there."

Trainer One left the room and Jase was tied down, screaming and pleading while the thirty lashes were given, and then shoved back into his cage, after being told he would not be receiving any food that day or the next two, as further punishment for being unappreciative. So he curled into a ball in his cage, unable to sit up because it was too small, and cried into his knees.

Hours later, he woke up to a loud banging on the metal bars of his cage. Trainer One stood there looking displeased.

"You're on stage tonight. And if you fuck up like last time, I'll whip you within an inch of your life."

Jase's heart swelled with hope and he had to hide his smile until the trainer walked off, grumbling. Then it spread across his face and he tucked his head down against his thin chest to hide the expression from the other boys. He hadn't been allowed on stage for the auctions in two months- last time he tripped going up the stairs and not only did all the masters sneer at him, he was beaten badly and assigned a low rating.

Ratings were used to tell a master the overall value of a slave in the market. It was on a one to ten scale, and because of his constant fuck-ups and the hatred the trainers had for him, Jase was a three at the moment. Meaning, basically, no sane master would ever want him.

Soon he was being led out, the last in the line up, onto the stage. They all were naked, of course- none of the slaves were ever permitted to wear clothing. Not in summer or winter. Many of the slaves died off during the winter because of the cold, and the frigid metal of the cages didn't help. Jase was one of the lucky ones.

The bright lights shone on his sensitive eyes, and he blinked rapidly, adjusting from the darkness of the cage rooms. Then he spaced out, eagerly examining all the masters sitting on plush red chairs in the auditorium.

He could be the one, he thought to himself as he glanced at every face. He hoped desperately that if he was ever bought, it would be by a male master. He had only ever been trained to sub to a male, and no mistress would be pleased with him. Then again, he reminded himself, no master will ever be pleased with me either.

He was so caught up in his thoughts that he didn't notice when Trainer One called his name for him to step forward. Finally the boy next to him nudged him with his bony elbow and Jase's eyes widened, rushing forward as fast as possible, only to be yanked back roughly by his hair, making him cry out.

"You filthy little slut! You can't follow any goddamned order can you?" Trainer Two hissed in his ear, forcing him down on the his hands and knees, ass exposed in the punishment position.

Jase wanted to scream and run away, but he knew he couldn't. The cane, imbedded with jagged metal spikes that cut into his skin and was reserved for extreme infractions came down on his ass, making him scream and jolt forward, tears streaming as it fell five times more, torturing him until his screams echoed around the auditorium.

"S-sir please! No m-m-more!" He yelped as blood flowed down his thighs.

Trainer Two refused to stop, the cane coming down hard again. Jase collapsed onto his stomach, screaming and writhing.

"SIR! STOP PLEASE!! I C-CAN'T-" he screamed, writhing desperately.

"Shutup you little whore!" Trainer Two yelled back, and Jase could hear the cane start to come down again, hissing through the air as he desperately flinched into the ground, but it never hit him.

"I would say that's quite enough," came a firm, deadly cool voice from above him. Jase's vision swam, tears running down his filthy face and mixing with dirt and sweat. He heard the cane flick through the air once more, a shocked gasp, and then silence as he passed out.

*** Dominick's POV ***

"That's going to leave a nasty scar, isn't it," I purred at the disgusting excuse for a human in front of me. Blood was running down his face where I'd aimed the cane, and I threw it to the side before I was tempted to do more. He stared at me in numb shock and pain as I turned and lifted the unconscious pet on the ground, who was covered in blood and grime.

"I'm taking this one. Four hundred thousand will be transferred into your account by this evening, I'm sure there are no arguments. Bring me his papers. Now." I snarled at the fat man behind the podium, who was sweating with nerves and looked terrified. Good. He should be.

He ran off to fetch my new slave's papers, and I held the painfully thin, bloody boy close to my chest, his blood staining my suit. His hair was in stringy, oily ropes like it hadn't been washed in years, and it was brown as mud. How strange. Usually slaves were blonde.

His eyes fluttered and my heart leaped in my chest. I didn't want him to wake up and feel all the pain awaiting him. Thankfully, he only whimpered and fell back into unconsciousness, and I let out a sigh.

The fat one came huffing back with a thick wad of papers which I took and only glanced at for a name, which just read Jase. I assume they didn't care or need full or real names in a place like this.

I carried the boy out to the waiting car, ignoring the mildly surprised look of my driver.

"I want us home quickly with a doctor waiting at the house." I ordered, making sure he nodded and made the call, and we started the hour it would take to get home from here.

I took that time to examine my new pet. He obviously hadn't bathed or showered properly in years, and he smelled terrible. I could see his ribs poking out he was so thin, and his face was smudged with caked on dirt and filth. He looked like he would break if I held him too tightly.

We arrived what felt like quickly, and I dismissed the car as I stepped out and brought the still-bleeding boy into the house and to the living room, where a doctor was waiting.

"Oh my," gasped the doctor- Cortez- as I laid Jase down on his stomach in the couch.

"The cane had metal spikes," I explained briefly. "He needs stitches. "

The doctor nodded and I sank into a chair in my bloodstained clothes, unwilling to leave and change while my pet was being examined.

It took three hours for the doctor to get him properly stitched up, and when I finally stood to see, I frowned. My poor pet.

"He'll be okay, Mr. Blair. He just needs time to heal. Also, he needs to be thoroughly cleaned and fed, as well as rested. He's not in a good place at the moment." I nodded and thanked him as he left, then pulled a chair next to the couch and stroked my pet's greasy hair back from his face while I waited for him to wake up. I would take care of him now.