Waiting Room Advice

Izuku was in the waiting room, eating a Rice ball. He didn't want to talk to other people just yet. He sure as hell didn't want to be pitied by people. Especially not Shinsou. He just exposed a fragment of his life.

          He sighed quietly and heard someone enter the room. "What do you want Todoroki?" Todoroki was about to reply but Izuku said. "I see, I see. So you want to talk to me about quirk marriages, you relation to endeavor and how you're gonna defeat me without using your left side."

          Todoroki stared at him quietly. "Look, I know what that bastard did to you. I can easily report that to the police in order to arrest him. You want to but you know you can't." Todoroki nodded.

          "What was that from a while ago?" Todoroki asked. "Just a small speck of what I see every single second of my life." Izuku said casually and took a bite out of his rice ball. Todoroki just stayed there and watched him.

          "Anything else you want to talk about? Or are you just gonna stand there and watch me eat?" Izuku said and glared at him. Todoroki now left him alone with his own thoughts. He then started to sing.

"Ever on and on, I continue circling with nothing but my hate, in a carousel of agony.

Till slowly I forget, and my heart starts vanishing and slowly I can see, that I can't break free,

I'm slipping through the cracks of a dark eternity with nothing but my pain and the paralyzing agony

To tell me who I am, who I was? Uncertainty enveloping my mind, till I can't break free

And maybe it's a dream? Maybe nothing else is real?

But it wouldn't mean a thing, if I told you how I feel.

So I'm tired of all the pain. All the misery inside

And I wish that I could live. Feeling nothing but the night.

You can tell me what to say. You can tell me where to go.

But I doubt that I would care, and my heart would never know.

If I make another move. There'll be no more turning back.

Will tomorrow ever come? Will I make it through the night?

Will there ever be a place, for the broken in the light?

Am I hurting am I sad? Should I stay or should I go?

I've forgotten how to tell. Did I ever even know?

Can I take another step? I've done everything I can.

All the people that I see, I will never understand.

If I find a way to change, if I step into the light.

It will never be the same and it all will fade to white."

Izuku finished the song tearfully. Then he heard a knock on the door. Uraraka entered the room, along with Iida. "We heard your singing. And I guess that you relate to it?"

Izuku just stared at them. "I guess, and I'm pretty sure you guys came here for advice." They both nodded. "You're going against Bakugou, right? He's most likely gonna be destroying the arena in the process of fighting. Use your quirk and the debris to your advantage."

          Uraraka nodded. It was her best bet against Bakugou. "And Iida, you'll be fighting Hatsume, right? From what I hear, she doesn't want to fight but wants to advertise her products instead. She plans to use you as her test subject. Are you willing to do that?"

          Iida sweat dropped. He wasn't sure what to do. "Well, either way, I win right?" Iida said. Izuku nodded and smiled. "Yep!" Izuku said enthusiastically. They both nodded.

          "By the way, what was that from earlier? You whispered something before that happened." Izuku's smile faded, and he sighed. "That was a small fragment of what I see every single day of my damned life." Izuku said.

          Iida and Uraraka felt bad for him. He sees that everyday? "Exactly. It's inevitable for me. Controlling it is impossible since that's a passive effect of my quirk. I just wish I had a better quirk."

          "Hey." Uraraka said. "Don't say that! Your quirk is amazing! We all have a price to pay for such a blessing. You're very powerful but in exchange you have to go through that." Uraraka said trying to encourage him.

          "Is that supposed to be encouraging me?" Uraraka covered his face in embarrassment. Izuku chuckled. "Nice try, but thank you. Hope you guys can beat me. Nobody else has except for Shigaraki."

          They both nodded. "Challenge accepted Deku!" Uraraka said and gave him a thumbs up. "Deku?" "Yeah, Bakugou keeps calling you that so I thought I could call you that too."

          Izuku stared at Uraraka. "Deku means Useless or 'Defenseless Izuku." Izuku explained. "So it's an insult." Iida said. "Yep, call me whatever you want. I don't care." Izuku said.

           "Okay Deku! Good Luck!" They both left the waiting room. Izuku sighed in relief. He finished eating his rice ball and grabbed his Nightmare Diary.

          He began to write the thoughts and nightmares of the people he encountered at the Sports Festival. None of them piqued his interest since they were all pretty average. Losing a loved one, dying, being hurt, forgetting, etc.

          He sighed and decided to leave the waiting room and went to his classmates. He was walking along the hallways when Shinsou stopped him. "Hey There."

          Izuku forced a smile on his face which made it obvious. "Look, I forgive you for earlier even if you showed everyone a little bit of me and yourself." Izuku looked at him. "Well, thank you. Never really expected to be forgiven easily."

          Shinsou smiled at him. "Don't mention it."