|one|

third person point of view.
"batman or superman?" asked freddy.
"batman, duh!" y/n replied. "i think superman is cooler, he's an alien with superpowers!" freddy said. "batman is as much as a normal human, who  trained himself and learned martial arts by himself, he doesn't have superpowers, but he uses technology." said y/n with a smug smile on her face, knowing she had won the argument. "screw that." said freddy. "you're changing the subject because you knew i had a point, didn't you?" y/n said, still smiling smugly. "you know, i cant wait for our new brother to come. you know how exciting that'll be, don't you? maybe he likes superheroes too and actually likes superman more than batman!" said freddy, being the excited idiot he is. y/n thought for a bit and said "i guess that's cool, but let's be real, if he's a cutie he's mine." "no way, you are not dating my brother under ANY circumstances. well, unless i ship it. also, that kid has a record of escaping twenty four foster homes. you know, he reminds me of you. you escaped, how much foster homes.. thirty two? yeah something like that.. anyways both of you escaped a huge deal of foster homes to find your parents. well, you stopped when you found your parents-" "and they were nothing but bloody gits." y/n hissed, her british accent shining through a bit.(i get it, some of you don't want to be british, but it's important for the storyline, okay?) "i really don't get how you speak british, well, you hide it but i know you do, and yet you've lived in america your entire life. it's confusing. how?"

y/n's point of view. 

i sighed heavily. i hated it whenever he asked me that question, yet he always does. i always stay silent or try to change the subject. i used to live in britain with my parents when i was three years old, but we flew to america on my third birthday. i lost my parents in a mall.

flashback to eleven years ago, y/n's point of view.

"again, if anyone asks, you aren't british and you don't have any powers, okay? tell no one, absolutely no one, that you have powers, alright dear? i'm going to get us ice cream, you like strawberry ice cream, right?" i nodded. i hugged my mother and said thanks. "stay here, at this table, alright?" i had a bad feeling. "mother, what if you get hurt?" i asked. "it's going to be alright." she went to get me ice cream, and when she handed me my ice cream, i saw her with a man. i didn't know who he was. "mum, who's that?" i asked. "nobody dear, i'll go do something and i'll be back. i won't leave you, alright?" she said. i waited hours, and hours, and hours, yet she never came back. the  mall security came to me. "hey kiddo, what're you doing here all alone, where are your parents?" i was really scared, but i replied to him anyways. "i-i don't know, i-i got lost." i said, scared. "what's your name?" the officer asked me. "y/n hamilton." i replied. "alright, we'll check if your parents are here. i ate my ice cream, and i kept the spoon, as a memory of her. that's when i learned not to trust anyone.

back to normal time, y/n's point of view.

there was a moment of awkward silence between freddy and i, until rosa opened the door. "and this is freddy, he's also fourteen, and that is y/n, she's freddy's friend. she'll be staying over today. i bet you guys will get along well. freddy, don't say anything weird, and y/n, try to be nice. okay?"

"i'll tell you what's weird, romans used to brush their teeth with urine, so apparently that works." rosa cringed and i sighed and facepalmed. the boy had a weird look on his face and rosa tried to break the awkwardness by saying "alright, this is billy batson, and uhm, i'll leave you guys to get to know each other." and with that, she left. billy went to take a look at the window, and i smirked and nudged freddy and he immediately understood what i wanted. "it's a long way down there, i speak from experience. said freddy. "victor pushed me." billy had a shocked expression on his face. "they may seem nice, but it gets real game of thrones here." freddy said. billy looked worried and glanced back at the door and looked at freddy. "dude, i'm just messing with you." he hit billy's arms in a friendly way. "it's.. uhm... terminal cancer. i-i've got three months." freddy said looking down. billy's eyes widened and i said "he's kidding." while rolling my eyes. "you were like, 'why so dark, dude? you're a disabled foster kid, you've surely got it all!' and that's my very nice best friend here. her name is-" i cut freddy off. "y/n hamilton, rosa already told you, and i'm not the nicest person you'll meet." i said as i got up and left the room, knowing i left off quite a unique first impression.

864 words.

hey. im the author. this book probably won't have a frequent uploading schedule, but whatever, i'll try to at least update once a week. at least. today i'll try to update twice today, since i'm abit excited about the book and i feel like it'll do well. anyways, have fun reading the book, and i hope you like  it!

xoxo evie.