|four|

time skip to lunch, freddy's point of view.

    billy and y/n were sitting at a table in lunch, and i decided to sit with them. i slammed my lunch tray on the table and threw my crutch on the floor as i sat down. "flight or invisibility? if you could have one power, would it be flight or invisibility? everyone chooses flight. you know why?" i asked. "maybe so they can just fly away from this conversation?" billy and y/n said in unison. they cracked up into laughter since they said the same thing at the same time. "no, 'cause heroes fly. who doesn't want people to think they're a hero, right? but-but invisibility, no way, i mean, that's perfect. spying around on people who don't even know you're there. sneaking around everywhere, i mean, that's a total villain power, right? they asked people the same question. 'you know, what power do you want?', but this time, they made it so the answer was anonymous. and-and most people, since they knew it was secret, they chose invisibility, because they don't feel like heroes on the inside, deep down. i mean, you stole my superman bullet. dude, i get it, i get it. you've been screwed over too many times. but that's the thing about invisibility. you handle it by yourself." i rambled. "i didn't steal your dumb bullet!" billy said.

time skip to after school, y/n's point of view.      i was walking out of school with freddy, billy and the rest of the family. freddy was rambling about something, until he got hit by a car. i noticed, but decided not to get involved, knowing i would lose my temper. i was walking away as if nothing happened, but i paid attention to what was going on at the same time. "hey, you gonna pay for that?" i heard one of the bullies say. i rolled my eyes at their lack of common sense. "for the dent you made almost hitting me? yeah sure guys. do you, uhm, take these?" he said, flipping the brothers off. they threw him onto the floor and kicked him. "don't touch my brother!" i heard darla say. i noticed billy following me. "what, you need your fake family to stand up for you?" alright, one more word about being a foster child and they're dead. "what are you gonna do, go home and cry to mommy? oh yeah, you don't have a mommy." alright, that's it.

     i turned around, and i walked straight to the bullies. i realized billy was ticked off too. "alright listen here, bitches." i said. i clenched my fist. "you mess with any of these people," i said, pointing at the vasquez's, "you mess with me.", i said, punching one of them in the stomach. billy got freddy's crutch and hit the other one in the nuts. i kicked the both of them, and realized they were getting up. "run." i said to billy. both of us ran as fast as we could. i jumped a fence with ease and so did billy. we entered a subway station, and we ran inside a subway. the subway doors were closing, and we barely made it. "we know what school you go to!" one said. i was holding his hands while we were running, and we were still like that. we sat down somewhere, still holding hands. i blushed, and muttered "i'm sorry." while trying to free my hand from his but his grip on me only tightened. "stay." he said. "o-okay.", i said flustered. 

     suddenly, the train... stopped, or something. some frost thingies appeared on the windows and the subway doors opened to reveal this place, sort of like another dimension. billy held my hand tightly and we walked to that place together. i made a quick mental note that if the place crumbled down i'll use my powers. "billy batson, y/n hamilton." i took a closer look at the guy. "you." i said. i knew who he was. "you remember me, don't you." he said. "what's going on?" billy asked. "i am the last of the council of wizards, keeper of the rock of eternity." he said.

"you.. you gave me my powers." i said. "the hell?" billy said, all confused. "you're the same person my mother tried to keep me away from!" i said, pissed off. "she tried to get rid of your powers." he said. "she told me, if i ever saw you, i should use my powers to get rid of you. but you don't seem evil or anything, so what's going on?" i asked. the wizard guy explained everything. "listen, isn't one person supposed to be here at a time? i- billy's supposed to be here, alone, i'm supposed to be on the subway, wondering why he's frozen like that. and if you're looking for me, i'm not pure-hearted, i'm not innocent. i'll be the worst person you'll choose. i've been betrayed enough." i said. billy was, well, shook. he didn't seem to comprehend anything i said. "look, maybe this is magic, and maybe magic is real, but i-i don't know. those people that you're looking for, the good, pure people, i'm not one of them. i don't know if anyone is." billy said. "both of you, you too, y/n, lay your hands on this staff," the wizard guy said. "gross." billy commented. i snickered at his joke. "and say my name so my powers may flow to you, billy. and as for you, y/n, say 'natza'. both of you share a few powers. y/n, you're getting more powers. i trust you not to mess this up." he said. "so i'm his sidekick?" i asked. "no, but you are partners. now say my name, billy, and say what i told you to say, y/n." he said. "what's your name?" billy asked. "my name is shazam." the wizard said. "so i should just say it, like-" i cut billy off. "three, two, one.." i counted down. "shazam?" "natza." and at that moment, we were basically blinded by light. "what happened to me? why am i... what did you do to my voice?" billy said. i think. a man in his twenties wearing red spandex stood in front of me. "what did- holy shit i have a deeper voice than i used to." i said. "you have been transformed into your full potentials." "the fu-"

1066 words.

another chapter! the name natza, it took me a while to come up with. it actually means something, just like shazam. alright, that's all for this chapter. peace!

-e.m.