|five|

y/n's point of view.

we were back on the subway, sitting in the same seats, everything was the same. well, except for one thing. billy and i looked... stupid. we got off the subway and it was pretty late. "i cant believe i'm walking right next to a man dressed like a four year old little kid." i said, pissed. "so.. what are your powers?" billy asked, trying to break the silence. "before the wizard guy, as in my normal powers?" i asked. "yep." he said, popping the 'p' sound. "well, i can shoot crystals out of my hand. doesn't make sense, but it's quite useful," i said. "i can make crystal shields, crystal bullets, and stuff like that. it's kind of cool actually. i can also do things with shadows. i'm invisible during the night, i can become a person's shadow, that sorta thing." i said. billy seemed shocked. story is, my mum did the crystal thing and my dad did the shadow thing. "that's... wow. have you ever used them?" he asked, curious. "someone's curious. well, after i found my parents, yes, but not much, i'd just secretly train every now and then." i said. "how- i- how are you british and yet you've lived here all of your life?" he asked. oh, god. the question. something in me told me to trust him. i inhaled deeply. "don't tell a single soul. no one. not even freddy. no one." i said.

i explained what happened to me when i was little. "and then, i found my parents. my mum, she asked me if i had ever used my powers. i did, but not often. i, of course, said no..."

flashback to one year ago, y/n meeting her parents, third person view.

y/n took a deep breath before knocking on an the door to apartment 760. the door opened. "no, i'm not interested in your spa discounts." the woman said. she was pale, had light blue hair and blue eyes, and was tall. "are you natalia hamilton..?" y/n asked. "who are you?" she asked me. "i-i'm your daughter, y/n. y/n hamilton." y/n said. "you- oh. i'm... wow." the woman said. "yes. i am natalia hamilton. i'm... your mom." she sighed.

"natalia, who's at the door?" a man yelled to her. "just a second, daniel!" natalia yelled back. "wait a second, dear. i'll be back." natalia said, y/n was a bit confused. she never remembered her father's name being daniel. natalia came back out. "listen, dear, i- it's the wrong time. i can't take care of you. your father, well, he's at work. maybe he can take care of you. my life is... too complicated right now. don't use your powers, and if a wizard ever comes up to you, get rid of him. you're not british, you don't have anything to do with me. i'm not your mother. if your father wants you, then that's fine with me. he was annoying anyways. in the end, you're just a copy and paste of him, a bitch. stay away from me, and don't bring ethan into this. your father or not." she said darkly.

"alright. you do you. in the end, the only bitch i see is you. all i see in front of me, is nothing but a failure that couldn't learn from her past mistakes of falling for the wrong man and getting herself involved in problems which lead to the man she loves passing away. in the end, i'm not your daughter." y/n said, tearing up. she took the spoon, which her mother gave her so many years ago,from her bag, and broke it into pieces i front of her mom. "this, this is what you did to me." she said.

from that point on, y/n learned not to trust anyone, and she always kept a distance from people. she always pretended she was fine, but she was not. she discovered her father had passed away and her own mother didn't know, her own mother hated her for who she was. she decided to go back to the foster family she lived with, and was happy with them. she learned a lesson, and it was that the people that give chances deserve chances, and those that don't, don't deserve any. her foster family gave her a chance to live with them, and she gave them a chance that they deserved. meanwhile her mother, who did not give her a chance, did not get any in return.

back to normal time, y/n's point of view.

"that's what happened." y/n said, tears in her eyes. billy, he was shook. he didn't know what to say. "i-it's okay." he said. "no, it's fine. i don't care about my so-called mother anyways." i said.

time skip to at the vasquez's, freddy's point of view.

billy and y/n went missing, and rosa and victor are worried sick. i let them know what i was more than happy to help look for them, but no. i'm just stuck here, doing the dishes. "you know guys, i' m happy to look for billy. no, more than happy. and then you gotta wash the dishes. that's what's more important." i muttered. i was washing a plate as i saw a paper stuck on the window that said "don't scream!" written on it. "uh, VICTOR! VICTOR! VICTOR!" i yelled, panicking as i saw a man in red spandex and a woman that was wearing all black and dark purple.

"freddy! it's me, billy, and that's y/n! you asked me "flight or invisibility?' and i thought that was stupid and now i look like this and we need your help! meet us after lights out?" that ma- i mean.. billy.. said. i'm not even sure if it's billy. what if it's a secret villain trying to mess with my brain? who knows? besides, maybe that woman isn't y/n and she's that guy's partner in crime? y/n doesn't have blue hair the last time i checked. i nodded and the second victor came in that man went out of sight so victor doesn't see him. "what's up bud, you all right?" victor asked. "yeah, yeah. i just- i'm really sad that billy and y/n are gone. and you know, it just might be my fault. maybe i did it. maybe, i-i snore." i said. wow freddy, what a believable excuse. hint the sarcasm. "hey, hey, hey. it's not your fault, alright? we'll find him. 'kay? you don't snore that bad. but you kinda smell." victor said.

time skip to at night, y/n's point of view.

i was standing, pissed off because freddy's taking too long for my liking. i'm impatient, okay? "when is that son of a bi- finally." i said, noticing freddy limping over to where we were. "oh, oh hey-" billy said.

"hey! stop right there. how do i know if you're not a villain using telepathetic abilities to make me believe that you're billy, huh? all i have to do is to press dial on this thing." he said, pointing to his phone which had 911 typed on it. "dude, it's us. i know that you weren't properly potty trained until you were-" i said, wanting to finish my sentence when i was very rudely cut off by freddy. "alright, you're y/n, we get it, no need to get into further details." he said. "i have proof, here," billy unzipped his backpack and brought out that bullet.

"look, i lied, okay, itook your bullet." the bullet fell into the sewer drain. 'oops, no, no,no, no! stupid adult hand. but you saw it. you saw it, right?," billysighed. "look freddy, i swear it's me. look, i know we aren't really closefriends or anything like you and y/n or whatever, but you're literally the onlyperson i know that knows about this dumb cape crusader stuff." hecontinued. "that's batman." freddy corrected as i rolled my eyes."what?" billy asked. "forget it." freddy said. "soooo... arewe testing out this superpowers thing or what?",i asked, bored.

1336 words.

hiiiii !! so basically, the documents got recovered, so i merged both of the chapters together since while i was rewriting the 5th chapter, i decided to change it and keep the original fifth chapter as the sixth chapter, and make the fifth chapter a bit of a filler and an explanation. anyways, i put both of them together, so yeah !! so consider this as two chapters instead of one. besides, i wanted to take a break yesterday because it was my birthday. anyways, i hope you enjoyed this chapter ! (also, if u know any french learning apps please tell me ! <3 )

xoxo avery.