Lucifer's Visit

The Happy Hotel was abuzz with life. Niffty polished every nook and cranny in the corners, whilst Husk cleaned the reception desk. Every room was made perfect, and everyone put on their best suits.

 Charlie waited at the front door as they were flung open, and a tall, handsome figure in a suit appeared, with an equally tall and beautiful woman with her arm linked through his. He was a startling resemblance of Charlie, with her rosy cheeks, pale complexion, yellow eyes and fangs. He had thick black eyebrows and purple-grey eyelids. His hair was platinum blonde, and hidden beneath a large top hat, wrapped with purple rope, pink-red ribbon and an apple. His suit had a high neck, white with pink-red highlights. He had on a black bow-tie, and held a staff with an apple on the end in his hand. His hands were thin and black, and he used them to grip Charlie's cheeks.

 "Charlotte, my darling," he said, squeezing her cheeks. "How are you?"

 She giggled, and squeezed his hand in her own. "I'm alright," she said. "Welcome to the Happy Hotel, Father," she said, gesturing.

 Vaggie curtsied, wearing a beautiful white dress with pink frills and a rose on her breast. He tipped his hat to her. Niffty curtsied too, her usual dress decorated with apples and made longer. Husk in a suit was chugging a wine, until he noticed Niffty and Vaggie were bowing and he did too.

 The only two people not there was Angel Dust and Alastor. Lucifer seemed to notice.

 "Charlotte, I thought you had two particular guests here," he said.

 Charlie opened her mouth to say something, to be interrupted by a handsome red demon coming out with staff in hand, shaking Lucifer's hand. "Alastor darling, pleasure to be meeting you," he said cheerfully. Charlie frowned at his lack of dressing up. In fact, he was in the same suit as always. "Unfortunately Angel Dust couldn't make it. He's with his pet pig, sick."

 Charlie frowned, and decided to go upstairs to check on him whilst her father bustled around with her mother, just as she bumped into Angel, wearing a dapper dress-suit. "Why hello, Charlie," he said.

 "Angel," she said. "Are you feeling okay?"

 "Of course I am, why wouldn't I be?" he said, brushing back a loose strand of hair. "Sorry I'm a little late. I had to rush out and get Nuggets some food."

 "Alastor said you were ill," Charlie said.

 "Alastor's always trying to get me in trouble," Angel said, smile unfaltering, but Charlie could tell by a slight change in tone that he was annoyed. "You'd do best not to pay attention to him. He might end up spreading rumours that don't need to be spread." He began to walk down the hallway. "Some stones are best left un-turned. Especially when it comes to me...and the Radio Demon."