Oh, My Alice! // Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum // Part Three.

Run, run, run away!

You had to get away from them.

These terrible, awful twins...there was something wrong with them. Something terribly, twisted up inside and, oh, they did frighten you. Their tight grips upon your arms were strong but...but you could break away. You could run. And then maybe you figure out what to do from here.

Steeling yourself, your very core shivered as you looked up at the twins. Dum was glaring, his bright eyes burning, and Dee...was calm. Cold. Grinning.

"No."

Then you ripped yourself from their grasp and you ran, ran, ran.

For a moment, it seemed as though they were rather shocked. The twins simply stood in place, watching you run away from them with wide eyes. But then...you heard laughter. Cruel, excited laughter as they began to run after you, screaming at the same time,

"Tag you're it!!"

Feet pounding along the path, heart pounding in your chest, you ran as quickly as your feet could carry you. Every turn you took and twist you stumbled upon seemed to scare you, shadows leaping out and laughter shrieking through the air.

Would you make it to safety?

Or would the twins take you?

Oh, would you ever be able to find your way out of this Wonderland!

But as frightened as you were by it all, nothing scared you like those terrible, evil twins. You could hear them just behind you, running and laughing and screaming at the top of their lungs as though this was all so much fun for them.

"Alice!"

"We're going to catch you!"

"And then..."

"Oh, and then...!"

"We'll play all kinds of games!!"

Several times, one of them nearly caught you. You felt it, their hands tugging at your hair and clothes and nearly pulling you back into their grasp. But the twin would always be yanked back by his brother, their laughter growing more wild and evil by the second.

You ran and you ran, nearly falling into their grasp too many times.

But in the end...you managed to lose them.

Taking another turn, you quickly hid behind a dropping tree and quietly, you waited. Would they catch you? Would you be able to escape? To your utter relief, the twins ran right by your little hiding place, laughing and screaming all the way down the path.

"Alice!"

"Come out, come out!"

You waited until they were gone. Until you couldn't hear them anymore. Until you finally felt safe. Opening your eyes, you glanced down the path they'd taken and rushed to the other, darker little pathway.

A house.

It lead to a house, a bright blue Victorian style home with wide windows and a tall tower, a pretty little house it was. But it made you shiver still, wondering what nightmares must be hidden behind it's doors and shutters. It must be, you realized, where the twins lived. You wondered if you could perhaps find somewhere to hide or if it would even be safe here at all.

Should you turn back?

Should you go forward?

The fates decided for you. Behind you, the twins returned once more, laughing and calling for you...and sounding angrier by the second.

"Come out, come out...!"

"Wherever you are, Alice!"

Swallowing your screams, you ran and hide behind a large purple flowered tree near the lovely house. Hoping and praying, you begged that they might walk right past you and not so much as glance as your hiding place...

"Now, now..."

You stayed quiet.

"Where has our Alice gone?"

And so very still.

"Not this way!"

They were creeping closer...

"Nor that way!"

And closer...

"Has she vanished?"

And it was too late to run.

"Is she invisible?"

Dum was giggling.

"Or..."

Dee was whispering.

"Is she..."

You were screaming inside.

"Right here!"

And now you were screaming aloud, shrieking and thrashing as the twins grabbed you roughly and yanked you from your hiding place. Laughing and teasing you, they began to drag you towards the house.

"You've been very naughty, Alice, refusing to play with us!" Dum snarled.

"How rude!" Dee snapped, "We'll have to teach our Alice a lesson, brother."

"Shall we...?"

"We ought...!"

"Oh, how horrible!"

"How terrible!"

"How wonderful!!" They screamed together.

Laughing still, they slammed the door with a heavy bang, enveloping you into darkness and madness all at one.

You are...Sour Alice! The twins are VERY unhappy that you wouldn't play with them but, well, they'll beat that stubbornness right out of you!