Oh, My Alice! // The Knight of Hearts // Part Two.

Go with Allistor.

You were not sure if you could truly trust the Knight of Hearts...but you knew that you certainly could not trust this forest. The Wild Wood were a dark, dark place, full of danger and terror, and Allistor might be then only thing that could lead you away from the inky darkness.

Turning to look at him, that deep feeling returned. Fear and unease mixed into one sick, strange feeling. He was so, so strange but...but so was all of Wonderland.

"I'll go with you."

He looked so happy, smiling softly as he took your hand in his.

"Come on!" He said. "We need to get away from here."

Allistor walked quickly, leading you away from the Wild Woods and to...to where? Where was Allistor taking you? It suddenly occurred to you that this as something you should have asked him before you took his hand and allowed him to lead you away.

Through the Wild Woods you went, looking up at the tall knight as a million questions began to race through your mind...

Could you trust him?

Was he a knight or a knave?

Safety or danger?

As though he sensed your discomfort, Allistor looked back at you. He was smiling, looking at you so softly, eyes glimmering brightly.

"Alice," he said sweetly, "are you afraid, dear?"

He squeezed your hand, a gesture that was meant to be comforting but seemed so...so odd coming from the knight.

"You needn't be. Nothing that lurks within these woods is match for me. Even the cat stays away from me!" He chuckled. "I'll protect you, Alice. Just stay by my side and all will be well."

Would it?

He pulled you closer, shaking a little as he held you to him.

"Allistor?" You asked. "When you found me, you acted as though you knew me. And you said that I was...different now...what did you mean by that? I've never met you. I've never been to Wonderland before."

He didn't like that.

Allistor visibly stiffened at your questions and...he held you tighter too. As though he was afraid you would vanish if he did not hold you enough.

"You...not you, another Alice..." he said. "You died. You were killed."

"What?"

"It happens. When you play the game of Wonderland, you risk many things, even your life. The rest of us just come back after a while but Alice...you don't return. At least, not as you were before. When you do, you always look and act differently. You don't...you don't remember." He looked at you with a sad smile. "Not even me."

"The other Alice knew you then?"

"Yes. She picked me. The others didn't like that, especially that damned William."

Trailing away, his sadness left and then came a look of determination and anger. Dark eyes glinted with fire as Allistor held you tighter to him and said so firmly,

"That won't happen again. I won't let it."

She had died.

Would you die?

Looking at Allistor, you saw his determination and you believed it...but you saw something else too: a darkness. A terrible, horrible darkness that seemed to snake around the night like a shadow. He said that this world was dangerous. He said that the game and the players were deadly...but he lived in this world. He was a player.

So was he not dangerous?

Was he not deadly?

The knight or the knave...not matter who he was, Allistor still lead you through the forest. He took you away from the shadows and the trees and the dangers that lurked within it all. And though you were unsure of who he was and if you could trust him...

You still felt better, being out of the Wild Woods.

The path became a road of little white stones, neat and slim and twisting through the darkness like a river of light. Allistor walked even quicker, long longs striding over the path and hand clutching yours.

"Nearly there, dear."

Nearly where, you wondered.

Your answer came in the form of an iron gate. Behind you saw tall trees and a house made of black stones. It looked almost like a tiny fortress, though small it was strong with iron bars across the windos and a high tower.

"Allistor?"

"It's our...it's my home. You'll be safe here."

Before you could say a single word, he had pulled open the gates and dragged you inside, slamming the iron gates shut behind him...and you. He locked them tight and you suddenly realized:

You were trapped.

Trapped in this place, not just Wonderland, trapped with Allistor...he was smiling again. Reaching out, Allistor pulled you towards him.

He looked at you.

He touched you.

Your face, your hair, your hands.

And he smiled, looking positively overjoyed.

"Oh, Alice!" He murmured, "Don't you worry. Everything is perfect now."

No...no...everything was a nightmare, a dark and horrible nightmare! And...and you wanted to wake up. But try as you might, this nightmare was now a reality and you had no means of escaping it nor Allistor.

You are...Sweet Alice! Allistor is so happy that you accepted his hand. He's glad to see you back in Wonderland but doesn't want you to worry: things will be better this time.