The Last War

~AUTHOR'S NOTE~ This starts on Season 8 Episode 5 after the bells ring as a surrender in King's Landing before Daenerys burns it down.

                         ——————————

The bells rang and there was a long silence. Daenerys landed Drogon looking out into the war zone and Tyrion desperately watched her, waiting for her next move.

She knew they surrendered but in that moment all she could feel was the pain, the grief, the loneliness, the despair, the sorrow, and the anguish.

As she turned her attention to the Red Keep and saw Cersei looking distraught, something snapped in her. This wasn't just a means to an end anymore, this was something deeper and personal.

Daenerys flew Drogon straight towards the Red Keep and started burning it down to ashes. All the Unsullied and the North Men took that as a free for all. Although the Unsullied didn't harm any men, women, or children, the North Men did as they pleased. The remaining Lannister soldiers were being slaughtered, while Jon tried to stop his men from hurting and raping innocents.

Tyrion did not know what to think...Was his Queen going mad? Is she going to burn all those innocent people? Or is she just going after Cersei in the Red Keep?

When King's Landing fell silent and all you could hear was the sound of the Red Keep crashing down and wildfire spreading, everyone stopped the bloodshed.

Jon, Tyrion, Grey Worm, soldiers, and innocents all looked up into the sky in exhaustion. The war was finally over.