Maggies Moonlite Path Part 1

Previously on TASSM:

Gracies POV:

     A satisfied purr left me as I let the warm water roll down my body. I haven't felt this relaxed in such a long time. I closed my eyes and relished in the feeling, it was like a fresh blanket that you pulled out of the dryer that never got cold. I remember when I was younger that when my Mom would finish drying all the sheets and blankets that my Dad and I would sneak into the laundry room, take them, and make huge forts out them. We would have the time of our lives- which was normally about an hour - until Mom found us, steam pouring out of her ears like a locomotive.

     I was always slightly terrified when that would happen cuz that usually meant that I was in BIG trouble, but then Dad would go up to her and he would just hold her I never understood how that calmed her down but it did and sure enough next thing you know she would climb in with us and join in the fun. One day my confusion had gotten the best of me and I asked him, I still remember that moment to this day, we were in the kitchen early in the morning making pancakes.

"Daddy?" I asked

"Yes Baby Girl?" he asked with his back to me as he flipped some pancakes "What is it?"

"Why is it... that... whenever Mommy is sad or grumpy that you can make happy again all the time?"

He stopped and turned around. He was quiet for a moment before he continued " Well that's because Mommy is my Mate."

I stared up at him confused "Mate? what's that?"

"A Mate, my little one is the one person in the whole wide world that the Moon Goddess picks just for you to love forever. They are your other half and make your life feel worth living."

"Do you think that I'll find my mate Daddy?" I asked hopefully

"Of course you will Sweetie!" My mom said coming into the kitchen as she kissed me on the forehead. I watched her as she walked over to my dad and gave a long loving kiss, now at any other moment I would have made a face or been grossed out but at that moment I didn't mind because that was the moment that I first saw what true love looked like and I hoped that I would be able to find my mate, my true love, and be as happy as they were in that moment. They had been so wrapped up in each other that they didn't even realize that the pancakes were burning.

"Daddy, the pancakes," I said. He didn't respond, he must not have heard me so I called to him again. "Daddy the pancakes are burning." Again nothing he just stared lovingly into my mother's eyes. The pancakes caught fire "DADDY! MOMMY! THE PANCAKES ARE ON FIRE" I tried to get around them to put out the flames but they wouldn't budge. The fire was spreading all throughout the kitchen. Wait, this wasn't part of my memory what the hell is going on?!

     I opened my eyes and was immediately met by flames and smoke. The manor was of fire. The fire was creeping closer and closer to me and I didn't have a lot of time left to get out. I grabbed my clothes and slipped them on quickly making sure to drench myself with the water from the shower to minimize the chances of getting burned. "Maggie! Maggie, can you hear me?"

"Gracie thank Goddess Where are you?" she said through the mind link

"Yeah I'm fine I'm in the bathing room what's going on?" I could barely see anything but Kiera was trying to lead me to safety all I was able to see at the moment was fire and smoke.

"I don't know but meet by the by the woods grab whatever food and supplies you can" she cut off the link which was my cue to get moving. I ran out of the bathing room at lightning speed to my chambers grabbing my blanket tying it in such a way that I could use it as a sort of satchel. I reached under my pillow and grabbed the picture of my parents before running out of the door. I sprinted down the hall to the kitchen and grabbed random canned foods, fruits and a few loafs of bread. I ran out the opposite door and down the hall to the laundry room to grabbed Maggie and I a few changes of clothes, then ran to out to meet Maggie