Baby Feels?

The next morning Jenna woke up early and headed down to the local coffee shop to meet Karen Gillan. The two had become close friends and bonded over ways to tease Matt. She wrapped herself up in a warm jacket and quickly walked the busy streets. As soon as she saw Karen, she was greeted with the warmest welcome and the biggest hug.

"How're you?" Karen asked with a smile.

"I've been better..." Jenna replied with a shrug to her shoulders.

The two girls sat down and caught up. Karen retold a story of how Arthur was given a bra at a meet and greet and Jenna told Karen about how in Doctor Who Clara was possibly going to find a boyfriend. Eventually when things died down Karen took Jenna's hand.

"You like Matt, don't you."

"What?! No!" Jenna said a bit too loudly and pulled back her hand. "I have a boyfriend, and besides, we're just good friends..."

Karen smiled at her best friend sadly. "Every girl eventually gets baby feels for Matty boy."

"Baby feels?" Jenna asked.

"You know... They're small feelings for someone, not quite big enough to be considered a crush."

Jenna bit her lip and stared at the ground. She couldn't possibly have a crush on Matt, he was one of her best friends and dating him would be weird...

"Whatever you do, as cheesy as it sounds... Follow your heart." Karen said as she stood up and grabbed her purse. "I'll see you soon, okay? Arthur's having that party this Friday and everyone's going to be there, you should come."

They said there goodbyes. Jenna stayed in the coffee shop for a bit longer trying to sort out her feelings but realized she was getting no where.

On the walk home she decided the best thing would be to avoid Matt for the time being and put all her time and energy into work and spending time with Richard. Then, she would be able to see if her heart longed for chin boy.

She walked through her front door, hung up her coat and flopped on her bed. She knew she was tense and decided to run a bubble bath to help her relax. As soon as she turned on the water, she heard a knock at the door. She ran to the door with a smile; she hoped it was Richard looking to surprise her, but as soon as she opened the door she saw floppy hair and a goofy smile.

"Hi Jenna, I'm sorry I didn't call before I came over..." Matt said.