Grocery Store Encounter

"JENNA I LOVE THIS SONG." Matt shouted at her a bit too enthusiastically.

Jenna pulled out her headphones and listened. Friday by Rebecca Black was playing in the background. She gave him a quizzical look and then began to giggle.

"It's funny, you're always teasing me about my taste in music, but here you are listening to this rubbish." She said and then scanned the shelf for the things she needed. While she wasn't looking at him, Matt took the time to mentally kick himself in the balls for almost admitting to her that he liked her. He decided to change the subject.

"Flour, sugar eggs... Looks like someone's baking?" He asked with a smile.

She looked down at her basket filled with items and smiled. "Yeah, I haven't baked in a while, I miss it..."

"What're you going to bake?"

"I was thinking of baking red velvet cupcakes." She replied.

"Really? Those are my favorite..." Matt said before examining the shelf and grabbing another case of beer.

Should I invite him over to have some? Jenna wondered to herself.

"Matt, would you like to come over and help me bake them?"

Matt's cheeks turned bright red as he thought to himself, did I just imply that I wanted to spend time with her?

"I'd love to! Right now Arthur and I are watching a rugby game and I'm just making a beer run... Do you want to come over and watch the game with us, and then once it's done we can bake?" Matt asked hoping she'd say yes.

She looked down at her outfit and thought about going home to change.

"I'm not really a big fan of rugby, how about I come over once the game has ended."

"Sounds perfect." Matt said with a smile.

"I'm going to finish up my shopping, but I'll see you later!"

"See you Coleman." Matt said before clumsily walking into a display.

Jenna suppressed a giggle and a shook her head at the man she had fallen head over heels for.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"In an hour, your arse needs to be out of here!" Matt yelled to Arthur as he burst through the front door.

"What?! Why?" Arthur asked as he dipped a chip in salsa and popped it into his mouth.

"Because Jenna's coming over and we're going to bake!" Matt said as he rushed around the living room dusting the shelves and straightening the pictures that hung on the walls.

"Ooooh is that what the kids are calling it these days?" Arthur replied and wiggled his eyebrows.

"Shut up! She's just coming over to hang out and we're going to make cupcakes."

"Are you going to tell her you like her?"

Matt stopped dead in his tracks.

"On the second thought, you need to leave now..." Matt pushed him out the front door.

"What?! Really?!" Arthur yelled at his friend.

Matt grabbed the bag of chips Arthur was eating and tossed them to him.

"Much better." Arthur said with a wink and headed out the door.

"I need to do this..." Matt dialed her number and closed his eyes as the phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Hey, can you come over right now?" Matt asked.

"I'll be over in five." The voice replied.

Hey guys! I'm almost done with this story, but I'll be starting another Jenna/Matt story shortly! I hope you guys are enjoying it :)