I Miss You

"Matt? What're you doing here?" Jenna asked surprised.

"Well, um... I was cleaning out my box of stuff and came across a couple of things that were yours..." He held out the Oasis CD and her white shirt.

She looked at the objects in his outstretched hand and carefully took them.

"Thank you..." She whispered softly. She didn't want to invite him in the house because her plan was to stay away from him, but at the same time they were best friends and it would be weird if she didn't invite him in. She quickly looked him up and down. He was wearing black skinny jeans, a gray v-neck, a leather jacket, and his signature skeleton necklace. He ran his hand through his hair nervously and the mop on his head became a disheveled mess. He was leaving against the doorway, but being the klutz he was, he fell over and it took him a second to regain his balance. These small little quirks were what made Matt... Matt. Whenever he was nervous he would tap his foot, if he was happy, he would walk around whistling. These little things... She loved these things about him.

"Do you want to come in and have a cup of tea?" Jenna asked as she snapped out of her thoughts.

Matt could read her facial expression, he knew she didn't want him to come in, she was just being polite.

He smiled sadly at her. "No, it's okay, I don't want to be any trouble. Besides, I've got to go and work on my car, it's been making a weird rattling noise lately."

"Oh okay.. I hope you figure out what the problem is." Jenna looked down at her feet.

"Hey Jen?"

She looked up into his beautiful blue eyes.

"I miss you..." With that he walked away leaving Jenna standing in the door way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She closed the door, leaned against it, slid to the floor and brought her knees up to her chest.

"What am I doing... What's wrong with me..." Jenna whispered to herself. She walked over to her nightstand and grabbed the picture of her and Richard that she had framed. They were both smiling; happy and in love. This was the man who swept her off her feet on the set of the Titanic, this was the man that every Game of Thrones fan wished to date, this was the man who surprised her with a vacation for her last birthday...
She opened the drawer and found a picture of her and Matt. In the picture they decided to be goofy and stick their tongues out. This was the man who could make her smile no matter what, this was the man who was always there for her, this was the man who made her feel welcome on her first day of shooting...
Everything felt so complicated. Jenna picked up her iPhone and scrolled through her contacts. For a moment she stopped on Matt's number, but then continued to scroll until she reached Richard's. She clicked on his number and laid back on her bed.

"Hey gorgeous!" Richard said with a warm and cheery voice.

"Hello love." Jenna said trying to use the same amount of enthusiasm.

"What up?"

"When will you be home again?"

"I'll be home tomorrow night. Can I take you out to dinner to make up for not being home?"

"Of course you can." She smiled to herself.

"I love you, and I'll see you soon."

"Okay, love you too..." She said and hung up.

The butterflies she got in her stomach whenever she talked to Richard weren't there. She was dreading going out to dinner with him; but why? After all they had been dating for two years... Thoughts of Matt Smith and his floppy hair came back into her mind; she threw her pillow across the room in anger.

"Ughhh why does he have to be so damn cute... And perfect..." She shouted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Well, this looks about right." Matt said as he wiped the sweat off his forward with a towel. He turned to look at Arthur who was sitting in the corner.

"You've been working on this car for hours, it's time you take a break and wipe that grease off your face." He tossed Matt a beer before taking a sip of his own.

"It should run smoothly now..." Matt said as he stared at his reflection in the car.

"Next time, just bring it to the shop." Arthur said. He looked up and saw sadness in Matt's eyes; they had been best friends for ages, he could read him like a book. "What's wrong?" He asked

"I don't know... I miss being the Doctor... I miss Jenna... I miss Steven Moffat.."

"Well, I think the key part in there was that you miss Jenna..." Arthur said with a raised eyebrow as he took another sip of beer.

"Yeah... I really miss her..." Matt pulled out his phone and scrolled through his pictures. He found one of him and Jenna at a photoshoot. The two of them were staring into each other's eyes lovingly; they almost looked like a couple.

"You like her don't you Matt?"

Matt signed and ran his hands through his hair. "I don't know man... But I think I do."