Have I Done Something Wrong?

Together, Matt and Jenna laid the sandbags all around the bathroom to help eliminate the amount of water. The bags were heavy and at one point Matt broke into a sweat; small beads of sweat dripped down his face.

"Alright, so we'll leave them here for a bit and hopefully most of the water will be gone soon; is there's some left we can just wipe it up with towels... Sound good?"

Jenna only nodded, she furrowed her eyebrows and bit her lips nervously. Matt could see the wheels turning in her head, this look appeared on her face whenever she began to overthink/overanalyze things.

"Have you eaten today?" Matt asked.

"No..." Jenna responded.

"I'm going to head down to the cafe down the street and grab us a couple of sandwiches and soda, I'll be right back.... Just try to relax for me, okay?"

Matt left the apartment and sighed. He had no idea what was going through Jenna's head; he was torn between asking her, and keeping his distance from her.

"She's my best friend; I'll always be there for her..." Matt said to himself.

He decided he would sit down and talk to her so that he could figure out what was wrong once he got back. He entered the cafe and walked straight up to the counter. He grabbed two buffalo chicken sandwiches and two creams sodas. He gave the girl at the counter a generous tip and swiftly left the place. He hoped that once Jenna had some food in her stomach she might feel a little bit better, food always made Matt feel better; especially Jammie dodgers.

He enter Jenna's apartment again and took off his jacket, and hung it up. Matt set the table and called Jenna over. For the first few minutes the two ate with an uncomfortable silence amongst then. Matt figured this would be the best time to talk to her.

"Jenna... You've been awfully quiet lately... Are you okay?" He asked her; Matt stared straight into her eyes.

"I'm fine..." She said a bit coldly.

"Lately, it seems as though you don't want to be around me. Have I done something wrong?"

Jenna sighed and buried her face in her hands. She could either tell Matt she liked him, or tell him to leave her alone... What about Richard? She loved him... Didn't she?

"Matt... I think it's best if we don't talk for a while..." Jenna said quietly.

Matt stood up, a bit taken back by her words.

"Have I done something to upset you?" He asked.

You've got me to develop a crush on you...

"No, I just... I just need some space. I'm sorry..." She said. He could hear how hurt she was, he didn't know why, but he knew it would be best to respect her wish.

"I'll always be here for you if you need me..." He said as he grabbed his jacket and headed out the door.