V

EVERYTHING FELL APART THE NEXT MORNING

EVERYTHING FELL APART THE NEXT MORNING. Percy and Selena woke up early and she changed back into her jeans and orange top before the two made their way to the pavilion for breakfast.

That's where it all happened. There was a commotion. Katie Gardner stood on top of a table, with a book in her hand. She was yelling at the crowd, a book in her hand. It was a diary. Selena's diary.

"Oh no." Selena stopped in her tracks and Percy looked back at her,

"What's wrong?"

Katie turned to her and pointed, "Traitor!"

Everyone turned towards her and glared. Selena crossed her arms in front of her chest and walked towards Katie, "Where'd you get that? It's personal and private."

Katie turned to a page where Selena was only able to write two words. I'm sorry. "You want to explain what you're sorry about?"

"I'm not sorry about anything. You will be though if you don't give that back." Selena stated,

"What other things are in there? Your plans? Kronos' plans? Or things you are planning on telling him?" Katie questioned,

"Those are personal, Katie!" Tears filled Selena's eyes, "I... I can't explain this right now but you'll understand-"

"No. You will answer us now, spy!" The others began yelling at her and Selena saw Chiron approaching in the distance. 

Percy pulled her back and she turned to him, "Percy, you have to believe me. I'm not the spy. I'm not the traitor."

"I believe you." Percy responded,

Selena nodded, "Thank you." She snapped her fingers and turned invisible. Selena ran over and stole her diary from Katie's hands. She squeezed Percy's hand before running off.

She immediately left camp after quickly grabbing her bag from her bunk. She couldn't risk staying. Everyone thinks she's the traitor now.

Selena made her way towards the main road. Once she reached asphalt, Selena dug out a drachma, "Stêthi," she stated in Ancient Greek. "Ô hárma diabolês!"

She tossed the drachma onto the road and it sank in. Then, just where the coin had fallen, the asphalt darkened. It melted into a rectangular pool about the size of a parking space—bubbling red liquid like blood. Then a car erupted from the ooze.

It was a taxi, but unlike every other taxi in New York, it wasn't yellow. It was smoky gray.

The passenger window rolled down, and an old woman stuck her head out. She had a mop of grizzled hair covering her eyes, and she spoke in a weird mumbling way, like she'd just had a shot of Novocain. "Passage? Passage?"

"Manhattan." Selena stated,

"Get in."

Once she got in, two of the Gray Sisters were looking at her. Well, by looking, she meant that their empty eye sockets were turned towards her while the other sister drove with the one eye.

"daughter of the unknown beware" the first one muttered, "the world shall be in despair,"

Selena furrowed her eyebrows, "Excuse me?" The taxi sped up and she gripped the seats,

"One will fall and one will rise," The next sister continued, "the little thief will watch your demise,"

She sat back and stared at them. This is something she's been waiting for. The prophecy. Her prophecy.

The third sister, who was driving, turned and stared at her with the beady eye. It felt like she was looking into her soul, "rise again, in the golden state, to start a war you cannot escape"

"What does that mean?" Selena asked, "Little thief? What war? We're already in a war."

"That's all they allow us to say, dear." The sister with the eye turned back towards the road, 

Suddenly the car came to a stop, "Ten drachmas."

Selena quickly paid and got out of the cab, which disappeared in a flash. The brunette sat down on the curb, with some cars honking at her. She grabbed a pen and her diary, turning to an empty page and writing down the words.

She quickly tore the page out and put her diary back in her bag before standing up. Selena folded the paper and put it in her jean pockets before looking around, wondering where she could go. She saw the sign for Central Park and smiled. Selena remembered that someone said that the last time they heard from Grover, he was in Central Park rounding up naiads and such for the war.

"Grover! Grover!" Selena called out, wandering around the park.

She walked around for hours, trying to find her satyr friend. But it was no luck. Selena sighed and sat on one of the park benches.

Selena pulled the paper out of her pocket and stared at it. She re-read the words maybe a hundred times, trying to make sense of it.

'daughter of the unknown beware,

the world shall be in despair

one will fall and one will rise

the little thief will watch your demise

rise again, in the golden state,

to start a war you cannot escape'

"I don't understand." She whispered.

It was clear it was about her. Daughter of the unknown. That's her. One will fall and one will rise. Selena assumed she was going to be the one to fall, but who would rise? Kronos? The little thief... she guessed that meant a child of Hermes, Kasey, was going to be there when she died. Selena dreamed of it.

But to rise again in the golden state... what the hell did that mean? Was she going to come back? And a war? Another one?

As Selena looked up towards the Empire State Building, where the Olympians were no longer, she noticed a van outside. It was the camp's.

She stood, making sure her dagger was still attached. She needed to help. They were still her people.

______________________________________________________

YESSSSS!!! So excited to finally get Selena's prophecy out! This gives everyone a hint into Selena's future ;)