XIX

"YEAH, YEAH" Selena rolled her eyes, "Fight me like a man, or should I say Titan?"

"What had the Olympians ever done for you?" he asked as he drew his sword, "They abandoned you, Selena. They don't care."

She shook her head, "No, you abandoned me... Luke." His eyes flashed blue and gold, like they couldn't make up their mind.

He charged at her with a sword and before he struck, Selena took her dagger from her sheath and blocked the hit,

Kasey took the pin from her jacket, turning it into her double-sided sword. She was about to strike Luke/Kronos from behind when he grabbed her wrist. There was a glow and burning smell in the air as Kasey cried out in pain. Once the glowing disappeared, Kronos sent her flying back and she almost went over the side of the building.

Selena went to slash at Kronos but he slammed her into the concrete. She groaned as Kronos stepped on her chest and turned back to Kasey, "Don't worry, I'll keep you distracted." With another snap of his fingers, two dracaenae appeared.

"Oh, gods." Kasey said before getting into a defensive position.

Selena stabbed Kronos in the calve with her dagger, causing him to let out a shout and release her. Selena rolled away and dodged another swipe of his sword. With a snap of her fingers, she was invisible.

Kronos/Luke smirked and he slowly spun in a circle, ready for her attack, "Didn't you ever wonder why your mother didn't claim you, little Selena?"

Selena gulped nervously, it was almost time. Around them, the battle was louder. They were close.

"Luke, please." Selena begged, still invisible. Maybe she could get him to take control. Maybe she still had a chance to live.

"Luke Castellan is dead! His body will burn away as I assume my true form!" Kronos yelled at her, his face contorting into anger

Selena shook her head, "You promised, Luke." Selena made sure to circle Kronos/Luke, "Family. We would always be family. Me, you, Thalia... Annabeth" Her dagger felt heavy in her palm, "Don't you remember that? Your promise." Selena whispered,

"You and Jackson will never win." He said. With a shout, Selena attacked Kronos/Luke from behind. He grabbed her wrist, where she felt a burning pain. Selena's eyes widened as Kronos stole the blade from her grip and stabbed her in the stomach. Selena let out a small gasp as Kasey screamed.

"No!"

"The Titans will rise again." Kronos/Luke whispered in her ear, "Even if we lose today, we shall succeed in the end."

Selena looked into his face one last time, and just for a moment, his face looked sad as his eyes turned blue.

He walked off the roof of the building and Selena collapsed to the ground. Kasey dropped her sword after killing the last dracaenae and ran over, "No, no!" She lifted Selena's head and placed it into her lap,

"It's okay." Selena smiled, blood staining her teeth, "I knew this was going to happen, remember?"

"Doesn't make this any easier." Kasey smiled slightly, tears falling into Selena's hair as she brushed it away from her face, "What am I supposed to tell them?"

Selena ripped the necklace from its place around her neck and put it into Kasey's palm, "Here."

Kasey shook her head, "No, I can't."

"Yes, you can." Selena began to cough and more blood filled her mouth, "Please, Kasey, don't make the same mistake as Luke."

"I'm sorry, Selena. I never meant for this to happen." Kasey whispered,

Selena squeezed her hand, "I just... I don't want to be alone."

Kasey shook her head, "I won't leave you."

A green light shined above Selena. It was of a crystal ball, much like the one Trivia had given Selena.

Kasey smiled, "Hail, Selena Madison." She sniffled, "Daughter of Trivia, goddess of magic, sorcery and the mist."

"Hey, look at that." Selena gave one last smile, looking up to the night sky, "Thank you, mother."

Lightning and thunder flashed through the clouds as Selena stilled, her green eyes still open and glazed over.

Kasey sobbed into Selena's hair. She was gone. Just like the prophecy said.