XV

ONCE THEY GOT BACK TO THE PLAZA, Selena went straight to Annabeth

ONCE THEY GOT BACK TO THE PLAZA, Selena went straight to Annabeth. She gripped the blonde girl's hand and told her about their meeting with Prometheus. Once Selena finished, Annabeth stood,

"Woah, what are you doing?" Selena asked,

"I need to check my shield."

"Annabeth, you're not healthy-"

"I'm fine, S." Annabeth smiled, "The nectar and ambrosia helped a lot. Now, help me into my armor."

Selena knew there was no point in fighting her best friend. Instead, she helped her get strapped in before they check her shield. There was an army. Head right to Central Park. To the Empire State Building.

"We need to warn Percy." Annabeth stated.

The two entered the room that Selena and Percy slept in the night before, finding him passed out on the bed, a little bit of drool escaping from his mouth.

The girls giggled, which woke Percy. He got up so fast he banged his head on Annabeth's shield.

"Ow!" Percy yelled, rubbing his head,

"Sorry, Percy." Annabeth smiled, "We were just about to wake you."

Percy sat there for a moment, rubbing his head gently and staring off into space. Selena knew immediately that he had a dream.

"Percy?" Selena asked, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," She knew he was lying. "What . . . what are you doing in armor? You should be resting." He told Annabeth,

"Oh, I'm fine," The blonde responded, though Selena now noticed that she still looked pale. She was barely moving her right arm. "That nectar and ambrosia fixed me up."

"Uh-huh. You can't seriously go out and fight." Percy narrowed his sea-green eyes at her,

Selena sighed and helped Percy stand. She squeezed his hand as she checked the spot on his head where he hit the shield, "Are you okay? Can't have you going out there with a concussion, Aquaman."

"Just peachy." He smirked wrapping his arm around her shoulder,

"You're going to need every person you have," Annabeth stated, "Selena and I just looked in my shield. There's an army—"

"Heading south into Central Park," He finished for her, "Yeah, I know."

Percy told them about his dream of the army and Selena knew he wasn't telling them everything but didn't want to pressure him,

"Do you think Ethan suspects about your weak spot?" Selena asked, her fingers brushing over the spot,

"I don't know," he admitted. "He didn't tell Kronos anything, but if he figures it out—"

"We can't let him."

"I'll bonk him on the head harder next time," Percy suggested. "Any idea what surprise Kronos was talking about?"

Annabeth shook her head. "I didn't see anything in the shield, but I don't like surprises."

"Agreed."

Selena looked at them nervously. She hoped the surprise wasn't her.

"So," Annabeth changed the subject, "are you going to argue about me coming along?"

"Nah. You'd just beat me up."

She managed a laugh, which was good to hear. Selena smiled at her best friend as Percy grabbed his sword, and they went to rally the troops.

Thalia and the head counselors were waiting for them at the Reservoir. The lights of the city were blinking on at twilight. Selena guessed a lot of them were on automatic timers. Streetlamps glowed around the shore of the lake, making the water and trees look even spookier.

"They're coming," Thalia confirmed, pointing north with a silver arrow. "One of my scouts just reported they've crossed the Harlem River. There was no way to hold them back. The army . . ." She shrugged, as if it wasn't a big deal, "It's huge."

"We'll hold them at the park," Percy said. "Grover, you ready?"

He nodded. "As ready as we'll ever be. If my nature spirits can stop them anywhere, this is the place."

"Yes, we will!" said another voice. A very old, fat satyr pushed through the crowd, stumbling over his own spear. He was dressed in wood-bark armor that only covered half of his belly.

"Leneus?" Percy questioned,

"Don't act so surprised," he huffed. "I am a leader of the Council, and you did tell me to find Grover. Well, I found him, and I'm not going to let a mere outcast lead the satyrs without my help!"

Behind Leneus's back, Grover made gagging motions, but the old satyr grinned like he was the savior of the day. "Never fear! We'll show those Titans!"

Selena snickered from beside Percy and he elbowed her slightly, "Um . . . yeah. Well, Grover, you won't be alone. Annabeth and the Athena cabin will make their stand here. And me, Selena, Kasey, and . . . Thalia?"

She patted him on the shoulder. "Say no more. The Hunters are ready."

Percy looked at the other counselors. "That leaves the rest of you with a job just as important. You have to guard the other entrances to Manhattan. You know how tricky Kronos is. He'll hope to distract us with this big army and sneak another force in somewhere else. It's up to you to make sure that doesn't happen. Has each cabin chosen a bridge or tunnel?"

The counselors nodded grimly.

"Then let's do it," Percy said. "Good hunting, everybody!"