8: Visitor

^^ Lord Waylon ^^

— James —

Somehow, I felt a deep sense of pride, looking at the Status's of my Apprentices. All of them had evolved from the battle, even Mika, who became an Earth Spirit, a very powerful Holy Creature, I was told. Zoken became a High-Oni, and gained 'Oni Spirit Warrior', as well as he and Hallox gaining the titles 'Boss Killer, Taker of Heads', and every one of them gained 'Bandit Slayer'. Hallox had evolved into a 'Death-Orc', which was apparently the same race as his father, who was very, very, very boisterously proud.

Jerrod evolved into a Blood Dragon, which was apparently a Draconic Mage Species that was actually Humanoid. This meant that he didn't have to cast magic to be a human, only to hide his thick new horns, which made him very popular with the Ladies. (Turns out, large horns are a standard of sex appeal for Ogres and Dragons alike, instead of large breasts or anything like that.) Maze evolved into a 'Charred Dryad', an Ultra-Rare Species that usually lived around volcanoes, and was exceptionally skilled with Elemental Fire Magic, a higher form of Pyromancy. Even I Evolved, to my surprise, into my Tenth Evolution, 'Ascended Spirit Sage of the Mountain'.

Obviously, all our stats went up a lot, from the evolutions and level ups, but I didn't allow them to feel superior; I quickly and efficiently analyzed all their mistakes, the things they could improve, so on and so forth, and then the next morning they were returned to training, though they got one day off; of course, they spent some of that day off transporting the captured bandits, (numbering 23,) to the Orc Prison, for later transport to the Holy City, and then the rest of it sleeping off their battle-fever.

Adrenaline Crash was a hell of a beast to tackle, after all.

I continued my own training, harsher then ever before, realizing they were catching up to me, and I cursed myself for slacking off these past six months.

Now I also took part in their training, instead of just directing it, locking my abilities down to those of a normal humans, as well as theirs; I couldn't increase the intensity or Frequency of the training, after all, so I increased the difficulty, instead.

I also subjected Ken to this treatment, after remembering he had fought the Oni his son had killed easily, and so he was trained by me, and the other chiefs as well, despite their protests, which I ignored entirely; they halted their protests when I showed them that their children were more powerful than them.

Soon, all of the children in the villages were being taught the same way, after I showed the adults how to create the dissolvable Chi Blockers, (So there were no mishaps,) and I was satisfied that everyone was taking their training seriously.

A week passed in this way, as peace was not even disrupted in the villages; the bandits had been killed and captured before they even knew they were here, after all, and so everyone shared a feeling of victory, as if they had helped in some measurable way.

I froze in place, as I was washing an Apple, (a normal red apple, harvested from the Dryad's magical trees,) and looked up at the sky, sensing a presence approaching that was very strong.

I instantly searched for its exact location, and frowned at the results.

<Individual: ???
Race: ??? (???)
???: ???
-
Class: ???
Level: Max
Class: ???
Level: Max
Class: ???
Level: Max
Class: ???
Level: Max
-
Class: ???
Level: 99/100
Class: ???
Level: 99/100
Class: ???
Level: 99/100
Class: ???
Level: 65/100
-
Strength: ???
Speed: ???
Stamina: ???
Defense: ???
Intelligence: ???
Weapon Skill: ???
Unarmed Skill: ???