20: New Ally

^^ Pope Giovanni XV ^^

— James —

My students evolved, at dawn, as I did. My title, curiously, didn't change from 'Monarch'. I suppose it couldn't get any higher than that without getting pretentious.

But still, looking at their statuses, they wouldn't be able to hunt a Demon King like this... I shouldn't interfere, though...

I was having a bit of an existential crisis, and then I realized; I could train The Templar Heroes!!! Obviously Waylon's brother wasn't doing a very good job, so I would step in. That sounded both rather fun and productive, my favorite type of activity!!!

I stayed for a bit longer, watching the changes in my students take place, and then once they were done and asleep, I used the teleportation spell Jerrod had taught me, using my Legendary White Mage Class as a medium.

The Vatican was an intimidating, yet beautiful town/complex, as I strode towards it. The front gates were guarded, of course, but they didn't even notice me walk by, I had erased my presence so thoroughly.

The interior was much cleaner, physically, but I could feel the presence of monsters and demons randomly dispersed within the various buildings. I noted their names and locations, and continued on towards the human labeled 'Pope'.

The hero's party was with him, as well as Benjamin, so I smiled, happy that part of my job was taken care of; finding the students.

"Why are you smiling? Are you happy?" A young boy, perhaps a little less than 10, was standing to my left, holding a jug of wine.

I paused, looking at him slowly. "You can see me, Little one? How strange..."

"I see everything. The priests say that it means I'm going to be an Oracle or a Sage when I get my Classes." He nodded calmly.

I smiled, and knelt in front of him, and thus equalizing our heights, as I was as tall as Waylon right now. "Is that so? I'm a Sage, did you know? My name is James, I am the Sage of the Mountain. And you?"

"I am Gabriel Rosanna! My sister is a Saint!" He grinned proudly.

"I know her, yes, Maria is a nice girl, very sweet. Tell you what... I owe your sister a lot. You should get really strong and protect her, okay?" I patted his head, whilst gifting him the Holy Affinity I'd gotten from Maria. It seemed the proper thing to do.

He giggled, and bowed politely as his Aura made itself known, a small golden flame around his brilliantly blue eyes. "Thank you, mister James! I will!"

'That's not gonna hurt him... right?'

<No... you just Created the next Emperor.>

I blinked and watched as the little boy ran off, checking his status swiftly.

<Individual: Gabriel Rosanna III
Race: Human (Un-evolved, Female)
Holy Affinity: 8th Form (Pious Queen)
-
Combat Level: 0
-
Status: Silver Titan's Blessing
Effect: Immune to Disease
Effect: Immune to Mind-Influencing Effects
Effect: Immune to Slave Contacts
Effect: High-Grade Evolution Paths
Effect: Level Cap raised by 400
Effect: Your Land's Crops' Bounty Increases
Effect: Your Land's Quality of Crafts Increases
Effect: Immunity to Fire & Ice.
Effect: Guidance during Righteous Conflict
Effect: Evil Actions Counteract Blessing
Effect: Legendary Healing Buff.
Effect: Legendary Increased Growth.
Effect: Legendary Increased Durability.
Effect: Legendary Increased Virility.
Effect: XP Gained x2
Legendary Effect: XP Reward x5 once a day
-
Blessed by the Silver Titan, Blessed by the Sage, Innocent, All-Seeing Eyes, Choir Girl, Soothsayer, Vocalist, Possible Hero Seed.>