11: Father of the Year

^^ Ken and Zoken ^^

— James —

The notification returned after a moment, almost sheepishly.

<Alright... Sub-Answer: skills will be reset, to declutter your Stats, and you'll be a First Generation Spirit Sphinx now, instead of an Ascended Elf that became a whole bunch of other stuff. You're a Sphinx now. Your children will be Sphinx's, instead of Elves.>

I blinked slowly. "Huh... anything else? Any special surprises you wanna drop on me? Am I going to become a Lesser God eventually, if I keep improving? What's the strongest Level someone can get to before Ascending the Mortal Plane?" I asked flippantly.

<No, you won't Become a Lesser God from Leveling Up or Evolving; if you survive for a long amount of time, (such as 100,000 years,) and impress the Gods, when you die, your spirit can possibly be reincarnated as a Deity, if people worship you enough. You've already got enough worshippers to be a Shinto Deity, and your own Shrine, so when you die, you probably will become a Lesser Shinto Deity, but of what, I don't know. It isn't up to me, you see.>

"Huh... Pass. And everything else?"

<PASS?!? You can't PASS?!?> the screen's edge was tinged with red, like his blood pressure was going up.

"Ehhhh, the life of a god sounds boring! I think I'll reincarnate as a human or an Elf, again, start from scratch like everyone else did, you know? Maybe one of my grandchildren will be born stillborn, and I'll reincarnate as him or her? That sounds like a decent deal." I nodded, making the decision final.

<You... YOU CAN'T CHOOSE HOW YOU REINCARNATE!!!> the entire screen was red, now.

"According to you, I'm going to be a god; therefore I'll do what I want, and reincarnate myself, if it comes to that. One way or another, I get my wish." I shrugged.

Silence for a few moments, and then the normal screen. <That... unfortunately makes a lot of sense. I suppose either way, you get reincarnated... and you want to be reincarnated into this world?>

"Well, there must be others, but I like this one so far, yes. Can I hear about the others?" I asked, leaning back and looking up at the stars.

<... Sure. There's 72 that we control, currently,->

"So, you've gathered us here, what for?" Sakura asked, looking around the table at the surrounding chiefs.

"Well, it isn't, really, it's more something that effects your clans, specifically... we should drink, first." I poured the alcohol from the small ceramic jug it'd been warming in, and held up a small saucer.

They hummed and sipped the small amount of alcohol, before coughing violently, even Ken, who had had some before while we were testing it.

I cleared my throat, after they'd all recovered, and poured another cup for each, even though they were already blushing, one and all. "So, all the Students have evolved, some more than once, and they are now all above Level 225, Zoken is a 7th Form Hero and a Goryō, Mika is a 5th Form Saint and a Mōryō, Jerrod is almost an 8th Form Sage and is a Black Dragon, and also currently the King of the Dead Wood, Maze is a 7th Form Elder Charred Dryad, and Hallox is a 4th Form, Level 285 Death Orc, close to evolving... I am also evolved, into a New Base Race, because I've evolved 13 times, and I'm now an Awakened Spirit Sphinx! Cheers?" I held up the saucer slowly, grinning awkwardly.

The Dragon Chief, Jerrod's Father, chuckled slowly, before bellowing with harsh brays of unsophisticated laughter, totally different from his regal form, and patted my shoulder happily, still giggling and snorting, apparently unable to help himself just yet. Just when I thought he'd recovered, he devolved into another fit of giggles, falling out of his seat and shifting into a smallish green dragon, about seven meters long. He began to snort up puffs of dust, or maybe smoke and Miasma, and I cleared it out of the shrine before someone breathed it in.