21: New Batch

^^ Archangel Gabriel ^^

— James —

In the end, I took 20 Mages from the Vatican, and two young Squires that seemed intelligent and bright-eyed. The two Squires were for Gabriel's Companions, while the Mages were just studying with the Dragons, while also being trained by them. They knew my training methods by now, as they'd been training themselves for a while, so I trusted them with it.

But the four humans that would become the Hero's Party, they were mine.

The first thing I did was let them drink the Titan's Blood water, and wait patiently for it to work itself through them. One of them tried to die on me, but I healed her easily enough, and waited for them all to wake up.

I looked at their status' and, seeing that the younglings were all still Un-Evolved, I frowned. 'What is the criteria for that? Isn't it just age? Are humans different?'

<Humans Evolve differently, yes; when they reach 15 years old, if they haven't Awakened naturally, (a common occurrence,) they are taken to a Temple, and a priest calls for a blessing from some great being, be it a god or an angel, or maybe a Patron Saint, for Christians. A summoning ritual takes place, and the summoned creature grants a proper Class to the person.>

'... do I count as a Great Being?' I raised an eyebrow.

<In a Divine sense? Yes. As a person?...>

'Smartass. How do I go about that, then? Or should I just summon someone from their religion?'

<That would be the respectful thing to do, yes. It's a simple process; you put her in a circle of some kind, (the more powerful the better, but blood works best,) and you call down her Patron. Archangel Michael is the Patron of Heroes and Warriors, Saint Nicklaus is the Patron of Children, Saint Gabriel is Patron of Musicians and Seers, and they share a name, so that one is likely the best. The closer they are, the easier it is and the better the result.>

I nodded and knelt in front of her as they all awoke. "Hello, little ones! How do you feel?" I asked quietly.

"Better than before? But still very sore." Gabriel sighed, rolling her shoulders stiffly as the other two, slightly older, echoed her sentiments.

"Alright, well, we're going to get you all a Class, first of all, so we can start training, okay?" I asked.

She nodded, sitting up immediately. "Yes! I'm ready!!!"

"Good!" I smiled, and cut by hand, pouring my blood freely around the three of them in a trio of circles, then filling the blood with as much of my Aura as was possible, to the point that I almost passed out from exertion, which was impressive.

'Now I just... make a call? Do I dial 1-9-9 first?' I grinned.

<Someday I'm going to take great pleasure in designing a Mausoleum and Monument for you. 'MASSIVE PAIN IN MY ASS' seems fitting.>

'If it hurts that much, it obviously doesn't fit.' I smirked.

<... Make your call, or I'll make it for you.>

"Alright... we are gathered here today to witness the Ascension of these three children, into young adulthood. They will be Heroes, and they will fight a great deal, and need to learn as much as possible... as such, I would like to call on the Archangels Michael, the Guardian, Raziel, the Secret One, and Gabriel, the Harbinger. Give them the ability to Grow, to Learn, and to be Great." I asked as formally as I could muster, and forced even more energy into the circles of blood, taking my Sphinx Form and letting the circles blaze in reaction to my dense Aura, even drained as I was.