10

Back at the classroom

Once Endeavor left the room the attention shifted to Todoroki. The girls in the class glared at him while the boys looked disappointed at him, even Mineta giving him a side glance. Noticing this, he spoke in his monotone voice.

"What is it? Why are you all looking at me like that?" He stated.

Class 1-A looked around at each other before Kaminari spoke.

"Todoroki, don't you think you were kinda mean? She got really hurt trying to protect us and ended up having to go to the hospital. She did this for us and all you can say is that you hate her and will never accept her? She put her life at risk for us, jumping in the way of a blade and got stabbed to save us. I thought out of all that you've been through you would be more considerate." Kaminari scolded while fumbling his fingers. The rest of the class silently agreed. Aizawa at this point was in his sleeping bag but still listening to the conversation.

'I agree with Kaminari for once. (Y/N) is in critical condition right now and won't be able to recover immediately. I know about the abuse with Enji and his son but he's trying to change, that I've seen first hand.' Aizawa thought to himself.

Todoroki realized he wasn't going to win this and just kept a straight face before sitting down at his desk.

With Enji

Enji hurriedly parked his car in the garage before swiftly going to the front door being held open by a butler. Paying no mind to him, his voice boomed as he called for Fuyumi. Hearing the desperate tone in her usually stoic father's voice she rushed down the stairs.

"What is it father?" She asked.

"Fuyumi, something has happened to your mother. (Y/N) is in critical condition in the hospital. A villain attacked while she was teaching and she was stabbed multiple times. She lost a lot of blood and will make a slow recovery at most." He said with a hint of sadness in his voice.

Fuyumi realized the seriousness of the situation and decided not to comment on having (Y/N) called her mother. Not knowing what to do, she went up to her father and wrapped her arms around his slightly shaking form. That was all it took for the man before her to completely break down, startling her. She never knew this side of her father and it scared her while also reassuring her that he was trying to change.

At the hospital
Your POV

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Blurry colors floated around me as my eyes slowly strained to open. Various chemical smells hit my nose and overwhelmed my senses. There were sounds of people talking about some sort of treatment and other medical things. My throat felt parched and scratchy. Finally able to crack open my eyes, I looked around me to see myself in a white room laying in a white bed. Machines surrounded me which took my heart rate and kept fluids in my body. Looking down, I saw blood soaking my hospital gown. It was then that an extreme pain hit me, coming from my abdomen. Groaning out, I slammed my hand on the nurse button before falling limp onto my pillow. There were rushed footsteps before a group of nurses came in.

"You're awake! Here, let me get you some more pain medication." One of them said before leaving. The other two made their way over to adjust my bed to be more comfortable.

At this point I was going in and out of listening and was in a daze. I could hear their muffled voices but slowly fell into a pained slumber.

So I don't know any medical procedures so I'm going to skip all of that and go to when (Y/N) is able to stay conscious and somewhat recovering.

It has been a few weeks since I woke up. I still have to stay in the hospital but I am allowed to visit the garden in a wheelchair. Fuyumi and Enji have been visiting daily which makes me so happy. It hurts to know that Shouto doesn't want to see me but I pushed that aside. My favorite part of the day is when Enji or Fuyumi visits and when I get to see the cherry blossom trees and various flowers in the hospital garden area. I love the scent of freshly bloomed flowers mixing in the air to create a wonderful fragrance.

It's times like these that I am grateful for the time to relax and enjoy the simple things in life that is often overlooked, like the beauty of nature. Today was the day that all of UA staff and class 1-A was going to come visit me. I contacted Principle Nezu about wanting to see the school and he agreed, even saying he would come himself. I was taken out of my trance when I heard the loud chatter of students and fast footsteps. Wheeling around, my heart leaped when I saw my class and my coworkers who had become close friends. Mina was the first one to rush over. I could tell by the way she hovered around that she wanted to hug me but didn't want to hurt me. Smiling at her, I patted her arm before pulling her into a soft embrace.

By this time the rest of UA had caught up and was giving me hugs as well, being mindful of my injuries. Nezu waddled his way over Before softly setting his paw on my shoulder.

"It is lovely to see you again, (Y/N). I am glad your recovery is going so well. I, as well as the students, missed you very much. Everyone was so excited to be able to see you today." He said gently before patting my shoulder and stepping back to converse with the nurses.

After all the students got to see me minus Shouto who stayed in the back, Bakugo even admitting he missed me after much prodding, it was the teacher's turn.

Being as eccentric as he is, Hizashi raced his way over to me before pulling me into one of his famous hugs. I can't believe how much I missed his loud laugh and voice. Nemuri made her way over before pulling me into a much gentler hug. Shota gave a grunt of acknowledgement but I didn't accept that. Snatching ahold of his sleeve, I yanked him over to me. I tugged him down so I could hug him, partly trying to show how glad I was to see him and partly trying to embarrass him. I felt him stiffen before lazily wrapping his arms around me, returning my hug for a few minutes before pulling away.

This nice reunion lasted a good hour before it was time for a rest and they were ushered out. My face hurt from smiling so much that day. I dozed off with dreams of everyone around me having fun.