Chapter 20

"Y/N KATHRYN STARK!" you heard your named bellowed the next morning. You and Loki were sitting on your couch in the common room minding your own business and actually not causing trouble. It was an impressively quiet morning around the tower. Until Tony started bellowing anyway.

You looked up from your laptop, on which you were supposed to be writing an essay that was due Monday, but instead you were posting the pictures of yourself and Loki from yesterday on social media. Loki had taken a bunch of pictures yesterday, so the upload was taking awhile, but that couldn't have anything to do with Tony's anger. You quickly thought over everything you had done recently, but couldn't think of anything you'd done that would upset Tony. At least not that much.

"What's wrong, Uncle Tony?" you asked, really having no idea this time why he was so pissed.

He glared at you as if you should know why he was angry. "WHY ARE YOU ON THE NEWS?" he demanded, still roaring.

You just stared at him, shocked. You weren't concerned over his roaring or anger, especially not after he'd accidentally thrown you into a wall. He wasn't going to risk your safety again anytime soon after that.

"I'm on the news?" you asked dumbly. That was the only reaction you could think of to that accusation. You hadn't done anything worthy of getting on the news for.

Tony grabbed the remote and smashed buttons until the local news came on. You stared at it in shock. They were showing images and a short clip of you and Loki on your date yesterday.

Oops.

You knew you were a celebrity, but you forgot that led to being on TV on occasion.

"WHY IS HE KISSING YOU ON TV?" Tony roared, as they showed the image of you kissing in front of all the fangirls. You blushed and looked away from him. "WHY THE HELL IS HE KISSING YOU AT ALL?"

You rolled your eyes at that. Even Tony couldn't be that oblivious. "He's my boyfriend. Kisses do kind of come with the territory," you replied with snark and sarcasm in your voice. It wasn't your fault your dumb uncle hadn't realized that you and Loki were officially an item.

The news reporter drew your attention as he was talking about how local celebrity niece of the infamous Ironman, appeared to now be dating Tom Hiddleston, famous actor who played the character Loki in all of the Avengers movies. "Their info is wrong anyway. Someone will rectify it eventually," you shrugged. You weren't concerned. Hiddleston's publicity team wouldn't let the mistake go on for long. "Calm down, Uncle Tony. It'll blow over in a few days. Go do something heroic and it'll go away faster. I'm not nearly as interesting as you are," you reminded him and the rest of the supers in the room laughed and cheered in general agreement that they'd take down a bunch of villains so you'd be out of the news again sooner. You couldn't help laughing at them. The younger supers were always so enthusiastic.

You were recognizable especially since Ironman and all of the Avengers were so famous, even the younger supers who lived here after magic exploded across the world. They did save the world, and especially New York, all the time. Since Tony was one of the few supers whose secret identify was compromised, you ended up being a topic of celebrity gossip too. It was an occupational hazard of being a Stark. You were usually boring, so you didn't end up in the news often, but it happened on occasion, especially when there wasn't much news. Your hair was a hindrance since it was so distinctively colored, which is why you had tried dying it last year. That hadn't ended well.

You went back to work on your laptop, ignoring Tony's spluttering. He growled about it awhile longer, but the story went away quickly when the press was notified that the person you were kissing was in fact not Tom Hiddleston. Duh. Tom didn't have Loki's hair unless he was filming. The news people claimed they were going to try to find out who the mysterious Tom Hiddleston look-alike was, and the story blew over from there.