Chapter 24

Loki woke you fairly early the next morning. Your cat ears were gone and he was back to his male form. They'd both gone back before you'd gone to bed that night.

"Wake up, darling. I have a surprised planned," he told you gently as he shook you awake. You opened your eyes and smiled up at him.

"What kind of surprise?" you asked, too curious for your own good.

"The kind that is a surprise," he replied dryly. You laughed and climbed out of bed. "Allow me," he told you warmly. He took your hand and with a shimmer of green magic, you were suddenly wearing a dress that could have worked as a Sigyn cosplay. The dress was floor length and beautiful. It wasn't quite her dress from the move, but it was very close. You wondered why you needed a cosplay outfit for this outing, but Loki wasn't sharing.

Loki kept hold of your hand and you realized that he was wearing a tunic and leggings, clothes that could have come from the movie too, but more casual than the battle leathers. He opened a spellbook in front of him and rattled off the spell. You saw the effort it took him, so you knew it was major magic. A swirling green portal appeared in front of you when he had finished. Loki laughed in delight and looked immensely proud of himself. He took your hand again and half led, half pulled you through the portal.

You stepped through the portal

And into his bedroom.

That was a disappointment.

"Loki... you can teleport us from your room to yours," it was just across the hall after all. "You don't need a big, draining magic for that," you reminded him. He could be careless with his magic, but usually not this careless. Not to use major magic just to teleport across the hall.

Loki laughed, the sound full of true joy. He was so excited and full of mirth. "Not this bedroom, darling," he told you warmly. "You did a good job with it, but look closer," he gestured to the window, as if the answer laid there. You took the couple of steps over to it and looked outside to a city with three moons over it.

"We're on Asgard?" you asked, surprised. You didn't know he had the power to get you all the way to Asgard. You thought only Heimdall had that ability with the giant sword and the Bifrost. Loki inclined his head with a proud grin. "I thought you were banished?"

"I said that banished was the closest word for it. I am allowed to visit home," he replied warmly. "It just took awhile to find the correct spell for it. I could have asked Heimdall, but I hate relying on him,"

"You did clear this with everyone on Earth, right?" you asked him, warily. You didn't want him in trouble. Especially with Tony. Tony would kill him if he took you off world, even if you were technically of age now.

"Of course. Now, come, I would like for you to meet my family, though of course you know my idiot brother already," He offered you his arm with a warm smile. He was so excited to be home, you could see it in his eyes. You laid your hand on his arm and let him lead you from his suite. He had a whole suite, not just a bedroom, you realized.

When he was living on Earth, it was sometimes hard to remember that he was a prince. It wasn't hard to remember now.

You walked down the halls of the palace on Loki's arm. Servants bowed to you, murmuring polite greetings to Loki as you walked by. It was so strange. You weren't used to being bowed to, even if you knew they were only really bowing to Loki.

Loki led you to a cozy dining room in what he said was the family wing of the palace. When you entered, you recognized his parents, Thor, and Thor's wife Lady Sif, at once. The movies had portrayed Odin, Frigga, and Sif fairly accurately, and Loki had shown you an illusion of them once before. Plus you'd lived with Thor when he was at the tower. He wasn't around much lately, as he had duties on Asgard with being official heir.