•20•

September 1973        Barbara's P

September 1973 Barbara's P.O.V Chap20

All I could do was work, eat, sleep. I hadn't received a word from Stella and I was beginning to worry about her, perhaps she'd forgotten of my existence or was too busy on her most recent project in America, I'd be frowning every single day alone in our shared apartment. I'd been working my socks off for money in order to pay the monthly rent all by myself, it was tiring me out so much that I hardly had time for myself and important relaxation.

I missed her, my closest girl friend, I loved her and she was one of the only people that I could really confide in. Of course, there was Mary, but Stella was my number one, Freddie too, but most of my issues stemmed from Roger in this past month, I couldn't admit that. Roger too, my best friend, I found that I couldn't speak to him either, he was so busy with Queen, the only times I'd seen him this past month were when I'd go to the gigs, the parties, the studio where he'd be holding onto different girl, I hadn't seen him alone.

I'd call, no answer. He'd call later, I was working. We'd miss each other every time.

I thought that maybe he was changing, maybe it was better that I was keeping away, but I missed him dearly too. All the dreams that we'd thought we'd share, it was crazy how life had changed, how us children pictured the future. Things became harder than I'd originally thought they would, everyone was changing and I didn't feel the same, they were all moving forward and I was so trapped.

This was the case for a little while, the sleeping, the work, the bills, the rent. Mother had sent some money along with a letter which I greatly appreciated, but not having anyone physically comforting me was becoming rather horrible. I had received no word from anyone until all at once, an envelope came through the door, one in handwriting, catching my eye.

It was from Stella, a sigh of relief escaped my lips due to the fact that she'd actually remembered to reach out to me and let me know how she was getting on, when she'd be back.

'Dear my dearie Barbie,

I am currently sipping on the most extraordinary Mojito so I sincerely apologise for any mistakes I make (If I do make any). I am writing to let you know of a few things, how well is everything going you ask?

Well, it's going brilliantly, so brilliantly in fact, that they want me to stay. In America, to live here and work here full time. It may be such a shock to you and trust me, it was the exact same for me, I didn't think that I'd become this successful with my styling. I have thought about it very deeply and I've thought about you too, so much B, you're my best friend and I can't explain how much I adore you my dearie girl, when we first moved into the apartment, starting at zero, but look at us now, shining so brightly, catching our dreams within our hands. You know yourself how important this job is to me, you of all people know that dreams are everything, I think that I should stay, like you say.