• 36 •

9th December 1976

9th December 1976

"Hot chocolate?" I hear Roger ask from the doorway of my bedroom within our apartment. Although I now slept in his room most nights (other nights the two of us would be too caught up within each other or too tired to move from our sofa), a majority of my belongings were still in the room that I'd slept in before me and Roger were together.

I was sorting through clothes and certain necessities that I'd be needing for the upcoming tour - garments that I knew I wouldn't be wearing until that point. My head nodded in response, "Yes please, I'll be with you in a minute."

"Okay, love."

Me and Roger had been a couple for four months now - the two of us had never been more content after the night in Roger's van and the we spent at the Races as a couple with our friends in front of god knows how many people - of course, the reaction that we'd received was mostly positive, in a few newspapers we were mentioned. Me and Roger hadn't completely confirmed our relationship with words, we'd pecked lips and held hands at the after party that Freddie held. There were also many negative headlines, accusing me of being some sort of fling. 'Is Queen Drummer capable of settling down with new girlfriend?' accusations of cheating. 'Is it lurrrve?' Of course it is, they just wouldn't and couldn't know that because they don't know us.

I felt as though I'd picked out enough for the day as all I wanted to do was sit and cuddle with Roger for the remainder of the evening. My feet rushed down the hallway and into the kitchen where I could hear the kettle boiling. There stood Roger in nothing but a pair of tartan pyjama bottoms - from the back, his hair was ruffled as usual. My arms wrapped around his hips and my head peeked around his shoulder so that I could take a look at his face - he looked content, a smile tugging at his lips as his head tilted a little, relaxed.

"I love you," I told him with a dazed smile as I watched him pour the boiling water into the two mugs on the counter in front of him.

A quiet chuckle leaves his lips, "I love you too."

Those words could never ever bore me, my heart leapt whenever I'd hear him say them. He passed me my mug of hot chocolate and leaned towards me in order to kiss me - it was a short kiss, a small reminder of the love that he had for me. The warmth of the beverage along with Roger's presence made me feel calm - one of his hands snaked around my waist while he held his own drink in his other hand. With the gently push of his hand on my back, he led us both into our little living room. We fell onto the sofa with a thud after we'd placed our drinks onto the coffee table.

Large grins pressed along our lips - I couldn't take my eyes off of him and he soon made eye contact with me, they raked over the outfit that I was wearing - the bodysuit with the Queen logo in the middle along with a pair of green jeans and my sparkly blue converse, "You're wearing way too many clothes with that," he spoke and gestured towards the bodysuit that he'd given to me - it was my favourite outfit, a few people had asked me about it while on the street, it was a limited edition that would be released very soon within the tour.