Side by Side

Tony awoke and reached out for his lover. He bolted up when he realised that he wasn't there, but he felt more at ease when he heard loud retching and vomiting from the bathroom knowing that it would be his pregnant husband. The raven haired man sat up in the bed and rubbed some sleep out of his eyes, but still he smiled when his husband came back.

"Morning sweetheart." He spoke and held out an arm for him. Peter smiled weakly and took it before sitting next to him breathing faster and with tear marks staining his cheeks. Tony rubbed his cheek and then kissed it. "Morning sickness?" He asked even though he already knew the answer.

"Yeah...i hate it, it's just so-" The brunette paused when his hand skimmed over his belly. Tony looked at him with concern and stroked his cheek.

"Darling? Peter what is it?" He asked clearly concerned for his husband. Peter looked into Tony's eyes and smiled. He reached and grabbed his husband's hands and placed them on his belly. If Tony was being honest it felt a bit bigger than it usually was, but then he realised that it was his baby bump. A grin spread across his face and he looked at his brunette husband in complete awe.

"My bump..." Peter whispered also in awe at the life that was growing inside of him. A life that he and Tony had made together. Tony smiled and kissed his cheek in joy and rested his hands on the small bump that was starting to form. The brunette smiled and leaned into him while rubbing the bump slightly while resting on his lover. 

Natasha was guarding their bedroom door with her life when she heard Tony's car drive away. Clint was up on the roof to shoot intruders if they got too close for comfort. Peter was asleep in bed clutching a pillow and whimpering. He had a weird thing where he could sense the future and what was most likely to happen. But this time it was uncertain and it never once had been before so he was scared. Terrified. Peter decided to get up and tell Nat was he was seeing and what he was feeling when he heard what he was fearing. Motor bikes and gunfire. Steve's gang. Peggy, Ultron, Loki and Sam. The brunette looked out of the window and his heart sank. Nat burst in. They both heard screams and two bodies hit the floor and they assumed that Clint had shot two.

"Nat! Nat i'm scared!" Peter confessed and held his bump. Natasha nodded and looked out the window and jumped back down quickly pulling Peter down to the floor. Glass shattered as a bullet ripped through the window. The brunette instinctively protected his stomach earning him a few cuts on the arm. Natasha had it worse with a cut across her eye and neck. He yanked her closer due to his sense and it payed off as a bullet tore through the wall where her chest was.

"Guys! Nat?!? Peter?!?" Clint called as he ran down the stairs at lightning speed while calling Tony and the Avengers. He requested back up and explained it to Tony who said he was on his way. A bullet skimmed past him, but he kept running to get to the Stark. Peter looked and sensed.

"Nat! Run!" Peter screeched and stood up quickly and watched as Natasha sprinted out of the room. He fell to the floor soon after and screamed when a bullet lodged it's self in his leg, but then he checked his stomach. He was fine everywhere apart from his leg. Clint ran in and shot one more of them from the shattered window, but missed. More bullets sprayed through the glass and one hit Nat's arm with the other hitting Peter's arm as well. His other arm wrapped around his stomach trying to make himself feel better. He needed his knight in shining armour.

Tony jumped out of the car and grabbed his rifle and shot gun from the back while throwing one to Wanda who caught and immediately started to fire at Peggy, Loki and Sam. Tony did the same and looked up towards his bedroom and his heart was in his mouth. In a burst of rage he ran forward, knocking Peggy off of her feet and turned and hit Sam in the head with his gun.

"Get Thor to deal with his brother!" Tony yelled and knocked Loki out before sprinting to his tower with Wanda at his side. He threw open the door and ran straight to the bedroom and his heart shattered. "Peter! Peter sweetheart!" He ran to him and kneeled next to him. Peter sobbed and wrapped his uninjured arm around his husband's neck.

"T-tony! I love you Tony!" He sobbed out and nuzzled his neck. Tony held him close and rubbed his bump.

"I love you too Peter!" He responded and kissed his cheek. Thor walked in a minute later holding Peggy, Loki and Sam. Tony stared hardly at them and got up and glared.

"What should we do with them?" Thor asked.

"You can keep your brother. Other two in the cells now." Tony growled and helped his husband up. Peter whimpered as the pain set it and gripped Tony tightly. Then the rave haired man realised that he had been shot too. In his shoulder. He didn't care as long as Peter was safe and so he picked him up, ignoring the throbbing pain in his shoulder and took him down to medical.

That night both males told each other how much they loved one and other and Tony promised to keep both of his loves safe. His darling husband who quite literally took bullets for him and their unborn child who would have to grow up like that. On the run. Dangerous. But Peter had never thought he wanted that, but know he had Tony and his child he needed it. They both needed it. Loved it.