∆ 0.002 ∆

Chapter Two: Baby, come back!

7 YEARS AGO
ALEXIS' POV

I remembered it vividly.

I was being held hostage by Starscream. Bumblebee had just taken Shockwave down and had picked up Optimus' sword. I kept screaming at Bumblebee not to go after Megatron. But he couldn't hear me.

"Bee! Wait!" It was no use. It was too late. Just as Bumblebee jumped in the air, sword high and ready to impale it into Megatron's spark, Megatron aimed his blaster at Bumblebee and shot three times. The third one was off due to Optimus pushing him over to the side.

But that didn't, however, stop the first two blasts from hitting Bumblebee. Not in the arm, or the leg, or even at the head. But right at his spark.

I screamed, watching as his lifeless body fell into the tub of energon below. I banged my fists on the glass. I couldn't believe it. My boyfriend..my first love..my best friend..is gone. And I wasn't powerful enough to stop it.

Something had built up in me. Something like anger. Sadness. Something powerful. I looked down at myself and balled my fist. If I was getting out of this cylinder alive, I'll do it by force. I brought my fist back, taking a deep breath, before I slammed into the glass, easily breaking and before I knew it, I was flying! Straight at Megatron, who at the moment was about to throw Optimus of the edge.

I yelled as I slammed into him, causing him to drop hard onto the ground. I landed on the ground, noticing that my entire body started to glow, my hands, arms, legs, hair, everything was glowing. I had felt this surge of power before. Back when Arcee, Jack, and I went to Cybertron to get Optimus' memories back. And it felt good.

Megatron growled before he aimed his blaster at me. I smirked, waiting for him to try it. But before he could, I saw a sword plunge into his spark. I gasped softly, watching as his red murderous optics landed wide open. I looked behind me and saw..

I didn't believe it. I didn't at all.

Standing right behind me was Bumblebee. The damage to his spark had been repaired and, wait, so was his..

"You stole my voice. You tried to kill my girlfriend. My everything. You won't be robbing anyone of anything EVER again." Megatron tried to hite Ed, Bumblebee with his sword, but it only resulted in him dropping it and powering down, for good. He slid off the sword and fell over the edge, hopefully to the abyss where he belongs.

Bumblebee had helped Optimus to his feet and I flew to Bee's eye level.

"Bumblebee! You're alive! And-and your voice!" I exclaimed as he furrowed his eyebrows.

"What? What about my vo-My voice! Ratchet, I got my pipes back!" He exclaimed as he hugged Ratchet. The old medic chuckled softly b  efore patting Bumblebee on the back. "This is amazing! I can finally communicate with you guys! And you, Alexis! Ah! I've been wanting to talk to you for ages!" Bumblebee spoke excitingly as Alexis blushed madly.

"W-well, Bee, we can do a lot more talking once we get back to base." Alexis stuttered as Optimus nodded.

"Hey, Raf? Why don't you send us a ground bridge so we can come on home?" Bumblebee spoke, knowing Raf wouldn't believe his ears. I stared at the moon, the rock shining bright in the sky. I sighed, knowing I'm going to miss being up in space. And with that, a bridge opened and we all went through.

-

Third Person

"So, now that Megatron is gone, what are you going to do now?" Alexis asked Optimus as he looked over at the spacebridge.

"I think it is time we go back home. For now." Alexis' eyes fell to the ground in sadness as she heard that. It hurts her that they were leaving. She didn't know how long they were going to be gone. What if they never come back? What if they CAN'T come back?

"Well, then who's going to tell the little one?" Bulkhead asked nervously as everyone turned their head towards the young girl who was drawing on the ground. Alexis bit her lip in nervousness, before sighing.

"I'll tell her."

"No." Alexis turned around and saw Bumblebee approach her. "I'll tell her. I owe it to her to tell her the truth."

Alexis nodded, before he walked away towards the young girl.

"Sky?" The young child, Skylar, smiled brightly as she turned to see her best friend was back. "Bee! You're back!"

Skylar got up and ran up to Bumblebee's ped and hugged it. H e chuckled softly before he knelt down in front of her.

"I'm so glad you're back, Bee! Can we go to KO Burgers, please? I'm starving!" Skylar said with a huge grin on her face. Bumblebee's spark broken when hearing this. Now it's going to be harder to tell her the truth, but it had to come out eventually.

"Bumblebee?"

"Skylar, I..I don't think I can take you." He said slowly as Skylar's huge grin dropped immediately. "I...I..."

"Bumblebee, we're preparing for departure." Optimum called to him as Skylar took her attention to Optimus.

"Wait, you're leaving?! Why didn't you tell me, Bee?!" Skylar exclaimed as Optimus approached the two. "Is that why you can't take me? Because you're leaving?!"

"Yes, Sky. It's true." Bumblebee admitted, his optics landing on the ground as he spoke. The little girl's eyes went wide. She didn't want to believe it. "I'm sorry."

"Am I ever going to see you guys again?" Skylar asked Optimus as he looked down at her.

"You will, Skylar. Soon enough, you will. But for now, this is more of a 'see you later', as the humans say." Optimus said as Skylar smiled sadly up at the two bots.

"Don't forget about us, Optimus, Bumblebee. Especially me." Skylar asked as she rested her small body on Bumblebee's leg.

"We won't. Trust me, Skylar." Bumblebee said. Skylar nodded before she backed away and watched as Bumblebee walked away.

"You have no need to worry, Slylar." She heard Optimus say as she looked up at him.

"I hope so. You guys come back alive, okay?" She asked as Optimus smiled warmly.

"Until we meet again, Skylar White."

"Until we meet again, Optimus Prime."