Call

She shakingly wiped her tears, that only seems to pour more after every wipe.

Grabbing her phone, she ignore all kinds of messages and notifications and went straight to messenger.

Searching the name "Ashley Min" on the application's search bar. The moment it popped out from the results, relief seems to wash over her shaking body.

It was a roleplayer account she used two years ago. It didn't really had no use or importance whatsoever, but since she figured out her rp account would be useless, she uses it as her diary.

Her first messages to said account was dated 2 years ago too;

"from now on, since i abandoned this account"

"this will be my diary"

"where I'll pour out all of my emotions"

"where i'll type everything i feel that I can't say to other people"

"someday, years from now, i will look back to this messages"

"i will be smiling truthfully"

"i will be laughing ever so genuinely"

"i will be happy"

"but when will that time will be?"

She cried even more, looking past her old messages. She remember when she wrote those.

She was in her dark room, alone. In the most far side of her bed. With hundreds of blanket around her. She just got home, freezing from the cold weather after a torture in the school. Her mother was just yelling angrily when she entered their house and already smoking weed that day. Her father, who hadn't showed up in the family's residence from the past weeks, was in the couch drinking liquor.

No, she hadn't had the time to check on her siblings whose possibly on their rooms covering their poor ears, stomach empty and trying to ignore all the everyday ruckus in their house.

Selfish, she know but she couldn't take her young siblings to see her body, littered with bruises and cuts. She couldn't bare them to see how frail and broken their oldest sister looked.

No. They can't.

She subconsciously type in her keyboard, dumping all thoughts that she seemed to bottle up these past few days. She ignore her knees clattering like sunken bones, she ignored her heart palpitation, she ignored at how she was shaking, she ignored her silent cries, she ignore her mother and father having a fight downstairs. She ignored at how every move, all of her bruises and cuts hurts and send a sharp pain through her body.

Instead, she wrote and she wrote. She poured out everything in her. She sat there for an hour, ignoring her surroundings.

"6,762 words"

6 thousands words of pure sadness and anger. 6 thousands words of wounds and bruises. 6 thousands words of emotions.

Wiping her tears stained face, she felt numb. Like there was suddenly nothing in her.

She can't feel her clattering knees anymore. She doesn't feel even her heartbeat. She feels solid on her bed, unmoved and frozen. Her ears can no longer hear sobs and gasps coming out dangerously from her mouth. She can't hear the loud yells of anger downstairs. She doesn't feel a single pain from her body.

Suddenly, a loud ringing sound from her phone filled the four corners of her room. Snapping her out from her 30 minutes numb daydream.

*Ashley Min is calling you*

Decline || Answer