Tragedy

⚠️Gore surgery
⚠️Mental illness
  ⚠️Ableism (discrimination to a disabled pers)

*[𝙊𝙥𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙖 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧'𝙨 𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙜𝙚𝙙𝙮]*

*******
"Here lies,
      Kian Rick G. Lovewood
  Apr 22, 1923 - Sep 22,1965
You'll forever be in our hearts"

The gravestone of the late fiancé of Ophelia Parkinson stood before her. It pained her to know that the love of her life was now 6 feet underground.

He died weeks ago due to a car crash. A cargo truck had unfortunately no brakes when it travelled from south California to the North. It collided with a couple of vehicles within only an hour of travelling, their car included.

Fortunately, she survived with only a lot of scratches and a paralyzed left leg.

All paraphernalia was now spreaded out on her table. Ophelia studied nursing, med tech and every study of the human body. Not to mention, she's now a licensed surgeon. Crazy all in all, she knows. But its her forte and its what is meant for her. It took years but she is where she is now.

She raised up a jar with a liquid substance inside and an organ inside it; putting it up aligned to the light of her lightbulb she made sure its ready and took it out. Various of wire connected and lots of pre-tests run and now she's ready to start.

Just as about she's grabbing the silicon tubes to connect to the blood bag, she was startled by the door opening of her lab basement.

Its loud and an angry slam at that. Panicky and shaking, she tried to cover the body with a cloth and pushed all surgical instruments off the table. But she was late. She can't even have enough time to cover the blood bags or even the brain of her fiancé. Heck, she's even holding a forcep in her right hand and a dissecting scissor on her left.

Her brother already saw the corpse by the operating table, ready to be performed of a surgical operation not long ago before he went in. He came back from visiting the grave of Kian but he already found it empty, dug, and only the casket left. No body. He was about to informed her sister and he even had a hunch. Guess he now found where the corpse is.

The room was filled with dread and a vain attempt to form words. Leon know her sister is a little crazy in the head sometimes. Whenever she's inside the surgery room by the hospital, she's quite a harsh surgeon. Always believing she can still save and revive the failing body of her patients. A firm crazy believer, the other doctors said.

But he didn't know she's THIS crazy.

"O-Ophelia! Whats the meaning of this!"

"It's not what you think it is! I s-swear Leon i swear", Ophelia shakingly tried to explain, her arms rapidly flailing all around. No, no she can't be stopped now. She already had gone through a lot of trouble when she dug the body and she even had to snuck a lot of blood supplies with the same blood type from the hospital.

"It's not what i think it is?! Then what do you want me to believe huh?! That you're just practicing a surgery on a body! You're dead fiancé's body!", Leon can't keep himself from screaming and lashing out.

"Is that what you meant!? Performing a surgery on Kian! Kian is dead Ophelia. DEAD! And you even brought his corpse from the grave!"

"I can't lose him Leon! I can't!", at this point Ophelia is on the floor crying both of desperation and humiliation.

"You already did Ophelia! Get it to your head!"

"No! Don't you dare say that! I'm not gonna lose him! I will bring him back", she firmly argued.

"YOU ARE NOT A GOD! YOU'RE NOT A POWERFUL CREATURE OPHELIA. YOU CANT BRING BACK THE DEAD!"

"I CAN AND I WILL! I WILL LEON. I WOULDN'T LOSE KIAN LIKE THAT!"

"You will?! What a cr*p Ophelia Charlotte Parkinson! You can't even deal with your numb left leg! You're a disabled surgeon now Ophelia! You can't even fix your own leg and now you want to bring back the dead?! Respect his soul even!", angrily wiping her tears she glare at her brother.

How dare him? How can he say that?! Sure it might a bit crazy to think but she's desperate. Too desperate at this point. He can't blame her! She lost the love of his life. She lost a huge part of herself.

"You don't understand Leon! You don't! I can't live without him!"

"You're crazy", he spat out on her face.

"Maybe i am Leon! Maybe i am. But im gonna bring Kian back. Im not gonna let him die because of my mistakes"

"Its not your fault Ophelia! How many times should i tell you?! Its not your fault that he's by the left side of the car where the truck collided! Its not your fault he did not have an airbag to protect him from the collision! Its not your fault that you did not got him to a hospital before he went brain dead!"

the words rung through Ophelia's head like a horn. Swirling around her mind like an echo. No no, Leon is wrong. He's wrong.

" No no no! Its my fault Leon! Its my fault! I should've saved him. I should've contacted an ambulance early Leon! He could've lived if only someone had helped us earlier than they did", shaking her head continously and trying to erase Leon's word inside her head.

"Let Kian go Ophelia. Let him go. Its not your fault. Let it go O. Let him go", her brother told her.

"Let me go Phelia. Its not your fault. Let me go" her head turned into her fiancé's body, like his blue eyes were staring back at her. But strangely, it did sounds like his voice. She closed her eyes, trying to block out all the noises from the both of them.

When she opened it, she stood infront of her garden. Following the trail, she saw Kian sitting by the pool just before the garden. He's wearing a button up polo and his hair is styled of a slick back. Chilling out by the recliner, with a drink on his hand and the sun reflecting on his honey skin showing his handsome features with his eyes staring back at Ophelia.

"Come here, my love", he opened his arms for her where Ophelia did not hesistate to run into and basked into the warmth that Kian radiates and offers. Without opening her eyes or pulling back from his broad chest, she spoked

"I- i thought you're dead. I dreamt of you Kian. I- i was so terrified. I lost you in the dream", sniffling quietly she did not dare to look up but hid herself into Kian's body furthermore. Calming down from the soft and big hands of his lover caressing her back.

"Love... Its not a dream. Im dead love. Let me go", this time she looked up into Kian's face. But quickly getting out of his embrace when she saw Kian's eyes tearing up blood and a huge scar by his temple and his head open like how she did opened it when she's getting his brain.

Kian continously chanted "Let me go Ophelia. I love you, you know that. Let me go its not your fault. Let it go Phelia" like a mantra and Ophelia couldn't help the horror in her and went a run away from her lover. But she can't forever run away from reality.

The holter heart monitor connected to Ophelia went into a flat line that woke Leon up by the side of her bed.

Dead. Both people Leon treated as sister and brother is dead. It dawned on him how feeble the concept of time and death is.

Kian and Ophelia may now rest in peace. Both died in agony and vain but Leon will not let that happen.

He will bring them back alive.

-𝒇𝒊𝒏-

*[𝙊𝙥𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙖 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧'𝙨 𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙜𝙚𝙙𝙮]*

all rights reserved: itspeachyhana