SIX

| C H A P T E R - S I X |
Solution

No One's POV

Bella and Octavia sat in Carlisle's office, getting their x-rays done.

"Girls, both of your ribs are cracked. But there are no splinters. You haven't punctured anything." Carlisle says.

"Yet." Edward and Jasper say.

The two male cold one vampires stood by the window. Annoyed expressions on their faces.

"Boys." Carlisle warns, lowering his voice into a whisper.

Jasper and Edward turn to their dying wives.

"They're breaking their bones now. They're crushing you two from the inside out." Edward says to his wife and sister-in-law before turning to Carlisle.

"Tell then what you told us. Tell them." Jasper says.

Bella & Octavia turned to their adoptive father-in-law.

"Carlisle, tell us. It's fine." Octavia says.

Carlisle approached the brunettes with a frown.

"Bella, your fetus isn't compatible with your body. It's too strong. It won't allow you the nutrition you need. It's starving you by the hour. I can't stop it and I can't slow it down. Octavia's blood was helping but she is also carrying a child of her own with her own troubles, which I'll get to in a few. At this rate, your heart will give out before you can deliver." Carlisle says to Bella then turns to Octavia.

"Octavia, your situation is a little different. You're not as bad as Bella because you are immortal. But with the child being a cold one vampire, it's messing with you from the inside. When you're drinking the blood from the bags, your fetus is drinking it.. taking it from you. So it's starving you and slowly mummifying you. You're not getting your strength and you're not able to feed since the fetus is taking it from you. I'm not sure if you'll survive the birth. You might make it to labor but you'll either end up dying during or immediately after birth." Carlisle says to Octavia.

The girls take in his words. Bella shaking her head.

"I'll hold on as long as I can and then-"

"Bella, there are some conditions that even venom can't overcome." Carlisle says, a frown on his face.

"You understand? I'm sorry." Carlisle apologizes then turns to Octavia.

"I'll go as long as I can. Then I guess meet my fate." Octavia says.

Carlisle leaves the room. Edward, Bella, Jasper, and Octavia remain.

"Edward, I'm sorry." Bella says.

"I can't live without you." Edward says.

"Well, you're gonna have a part of me. He'll need you." Bella says.

"Do you honestly think that I could love it.. or even tolerate it.. if it killed you?" Edward asks.

"It's not his fault. You have to accept what is." Bella says.

"Because you've given me no choice! Bella, we're supposed to be partners, remember! But you decided this on your own. You've decided to leave me." Edward says.