Chapter Three~ Collins

Cookie's POV

I was utterly heartbroken.  A long time ago, in a large building, I had sat on a couch, doing nothing.  Despite my best friend sitting right next to me, we didn't talk.  Most of us didn't talk.  Don't get me wrong, I loved my friends, but Tina never paid me any attention while Ryan was around.  Not only that, but they started dating.  I couldn't handle it, for I hadn't even a chance to confess to her.

Lizzy and Angel were there for me.  Neither of them were really interested in relationships, but they knew misery.  We became closer than Tina and I ever were.  I still consider Tina my best friend, but I couldn't contact her.

Then, Casper targeted me.  Why me?  I was one of the closest to the four.

~

"Hello, Collins."  I recognized him immediately, and backed up against the wall.  He closed in, and I was all alone.  Lizzy and Angel were at their own classes, and I had only come back to retrieve a notebook.

"C-C--"

"Shh..."  He stepped closer, only to get punched in the face by a super heroine.

"GET AWAY FROM HER!"  She was wearing a bright orange and black tiger print dress.  The top of the dress was tight, but the skirt of it was flowing at her knees.  Her auburn hair was long, and flowing with the wind she had generated from the speed of flying into Casper.  She was wearing heels (how do people deal with those?), and standing tall.

She turned to me, and lifted up a random object with her mind(?), throwing it at where she had sent Casper.

"GUYS!  TAKE CARE OF HIM FOR A LITTLE, WILL YOU?!"  Her voice was very high pitched.  Reminds me of Tina...  She walked towards me.  "Are you alright?  I'm Tiger Girl, a superheroine in the official Justice League.  We'll make sure you're safe."

"J-Justice League?"

"Have you not heard of us by now?  UnicornMann, Tea Man, Tiger Girl, and Golden Girl?"

"U-UnicornMann?"  She winced.

"Do you know him?"

"Would you believe me if I said I went to Daycare with him?"  I chuckled, and she smiled.

"Yes."  She flew out of the window, taking the hand of who was presumably Tea Man, and rushed towards where Casper was.

~

"Cookie?  Are you alright?  I heard about what happened!"  Lizzy was now all over me, trying to figure out if I was okay.

"I'm fine, Lizzy."  Angel grumbled, probably secretly wanting some attention too.  "Angel, I'm in the mood for some video games, let's all play together!"  Her face lit up, surprised, then smirking.

"I'mma beat yall."

"I don't doubt it."

3rd Person

"He went after Cookie!"  Tina was pacing around the new base.  "He knows where they are now, we need to--"

"Tina, we can't."  Those words crushed her dreams.

"Why not?"

"Because, if we make any appearance whatsoever, Casper will know the area we're around."  Tina sighed, hoping that her best friend would not be harmed.

"If you say so..."

"Tina, she'll be fine.  How about this; night patrol."  Tina's eyes lit up, glancing at Unicorn, asking for permission.

Unicorn saw no reason not to, and nodded.

"Yes!"  Tina changed into her costume in her room, and ran to meet Ryan at the entrance.

~

"Ready to go?"  Ryan was readjusting the mask, a proud Tea Man in his costume.  Tina nodded, taking his hand, slightly floating, ready to fly.

~

"Where's Cookie!?"  Angel was woken up by a shaken Lizzy, obviously very concerned.

"What do you mean?"  Angel questioned, resisting the urge to make a sarcastic comment.

"Cookie!  She isn't here!"

"Wh-What?!"  Tina had heard everything.  She turned to Ryan, eyes wide and teary.  Immediately, he embraced her, planting a kiss on her temple.

"It has to have been him...  We'll find her, don't worry."  Tina snuggled into him, sobbing.

"Hey!  Who's there?"  Ryan quickly retied his mask, and Lizzy opened the window to find the two.  "Did you two take my roommate?  I'll call the police!  My mom told me about this..."

"No!  Nonono.  We're superheroes!  We actually came to check on Coo-- Collins."  Ryan explained, almost revealing the fact that he knew Collins' nickname.

"Wh- What?  Why?  And why is the Tiger Girl crying?"

"Tiger Girl's actually her name, and she's... uh..."

"I feel really bad that you've lost a friend."  Tina finished.  "Casper, the supervillain, attempted to kidnap her earlier today.  He probably targeted her again..."

"Oh... no..."

"We'll find her, don't you worry."

"Come in, I know this is a window but I feel that we should talk about this."

~

"Alright, Tiger Girl and Tea Man, right?"  Lizzy was pouring them some tea, which she assumed Tea Man would like.

"Yeah, that's us."

"What makes Collins so special to you?"

"..."  Tina could not answer without revealing herself.

"We're heroes.  We care about everyone."  Ryan answered, taking a cup of tea.

"I'm Lizzy, and that's Angel."  She gestured to the girl, who was staring blankly at the two, as if trying to solve a familiar puzzle.  "We're Collins' roommates, and we're all childhood friends."

"Lizzy, his hair looks like Ryan's, his voice is almost made of steel, and he loves tea."

"And...?"  Lizzy understood what Angel was trying to say, but simply could not remember the last time Ryan was able to fly since Casper broke out.

"Are you two a couple?"  Angel questioned, and Tina nodded.

"Your hair looks like... Tina's?"  Angel stood up, observing the two.

"Angel, that's enough."  Lizzy forced her to sit down.

"Ryan?  Tina?"  Tina put up an act.  With years of acting experience, she was able to play dumb.  "I don't know of them.  Our initials are 'A' and 'R.'"  She pointed at Ryan, and then herself.  Ryan played along.

"Those two sound cool I guess, but I highly doubt that they're anything like us."  Ryan turned to Tina.  "And yes, we're a couple."  He smiled, giving her a quick peck on the cheek.

"Alright.  Collins' was Tina's best friend.  We don't know where she is right now, but we can assume that she's at the old Daycare/Hangout.  She may never have left.  Plus, Ryan, UnicornMann, and Goldy may still be there."  Lizzy explained.  "We'll go with you, tomorrow."

"UnicornMann?  He's part of our Justice League!"  Tina added to the act.

"What?"  Angel laughed.  "Unicorn would never have left Goldy."

"Goldy?  You mean that girl who died in that fire?"  Ryan questioned, trying to avoid having to go back.  Angel froze, staring at the ground.  Lizzy gasped.

Ryan and Tina knew the act was working.  It was safer for them if they thought the four of them were dead, right?

"I suddenly don't feel smart."

"I suddenly don't feel sarcastic."  Ryan turned to Tina, taking one last sip of tea.

"Tiger Girl, we should let these two process everything."  He got up, and walked to the window, holding out a hand to her.

"Wait!  Come back tomorrow!  Please!"  Lizzy begged.  "I won't believe anything until I've seen it."  Tina nodded, taking Ryan's hand, and they flew away.