Chapter Four~ We'll Find Them

"What?  You can't go back!"  Unicorn scolded us.  "You never should have interacted with anybody in the first place!"

Ryan ignored him, snuggling Tina closer to his chest.

"But Cookie's my best friend!  I'm worried, and so are Lizzy and Angel."

"Fine, but you better act surprised when you see the wrecked Hangout."

~

Lizzy's POV

Tiger Girl and Tea Man had teleported us to the coordinates we had given them.

"This was your old Daycare?"

"Actually, the New Daycare."  Angel interjected.

"It's..."  I stared at the half-burned building.  "Changed."  We began to walk, and we immediately noticed the suspicious red stains on the floor.

"What happened here?"  Ryan asked, playing dumb.

"Tina!  Ryan!"  Lizzy began to run throughout the building.  She was told that UnicornMann was now part of a Justice League, as Goldy was dead.  Tina and Ryan just couldn't be, right?

Little did she know that Ryan and Tina were right next to her, and Angel had attempted to warn her of it before.

"Tina!"  Lizzy had run up to Tina's room, only to find it burnt and a mess.  "No... nonono..."  She ran to every room to meet the same results.

"Lizzy, wait!"  Tina ran up to her.  "Do you think there's any place they may be hiding?"  Lizzy jumped, running to the backyard and straight to the SlingShot Squad base.

"What?  Why is it open?"  Lizzy climbed down the ladder, running around the base, desperately trying to find one of her friends.

"Lizzy--"

"No!"  Lizzy began to cry.  "I've never cared about anything besides school and them!  They were everything, they stayed with me despite my craze about my education, and they were my friends!"  Lizzy crumbled to her knees, punching the ground.  "Why are we a target?!"

"..."  Tina stepped forward to her, wrapping the crying girl in a hug.  "Something tells me that they're still alive.  When this is all over, I'll bring them back to you, I promise."

~

"Ryan."  Ryan didn't answer, playing the part of Tea Man.  "Ryan, I know it's you.  I can tell by your stupid orange hair.  Did you really bother to dye it again?  That one time you got a Mohawk you specifically stated that brown wad your natural hair color."  He did not answer, but furrowed his eyebrows.

"Ryan."

"WHAT?!"  He gave up.  She already realized it was him.  "How did you know?  We have a spell protecting our identities!"

"I'm too sarcastic I guess."

"That not how it works!"  Angel shrugged, taking a few steps toward the building.

"I guess I miss everyone..."

"I do too..."

"If I can see through your spell, then I think I should know something."

"What?"

"You and Tin- Tiger Girl are a couple~"  Ryan blushed, smiling.

"Yup."

"Finally."

~

Lizzy was still crying when they returned back to the dormitories.