Chapter Five~ Investigation

"You know what?! I'll investigate this, I am the only one who knows how to work this machine, and you all deserve some free time." Unicorn dismissed the rest of his League. "Maybe the device was separated from her? Wait, no, she would've been decapitated, or is just severely bleeding from her head. But Lizzy seemed calm about it..."

Ryan lead Tina upstairs immediately. Goldy decided to stick around.

"Let me guess, you wanted to stay with me?" Unicorn looked up, smirking. Goldy blushed crimson red.

"Yeah..." He laughed, making Goldy blush even more. "You know, you can take off your mask while I'm around. I already know your stupid face."

"I love you too, Goldy." He untied his mask and put it on a table. "That's much more comfortable." Goldy took his mask, putting it on herself.

"Oh man, I'm UnicornMann! I'm so great!"

"That's right." He chuckled.

~

UnicornMann had investigated the "Cookie Crumb" matter for about two weeks now. He was simply puzzled; how could Cookie be in two places at once? He decided to check it out with the League at around midnight.

"Why are we *yawn* waking up so early?" Tina rubbed her eyes. "I need some coffee..." She grabbed the coffee maker and shoved a bunch of coffee grind and water into it. "MAKE COFFEE QUICKER!"

"Tina, we're going to investigate the 'Cookie Crumb.'" Tina jumped up.

"What?!" She screeched.

"Tina, calm down. He means we're going to figure out why she's in two places at one time." Ryan crossed his arms, leaning on the table, which, Goldy had fallen asleep on.

"Goldy, wake up." Unicorn sighed. She didn't budge. "OH NO CHIP--"

"WHAT!? CHIP?!" Goldy fell out of the chair she had pulled herself into. "Ow..."

~

"Where are we going again?" Goldy was flying aimlessly around the UnicornMann, only following his general direction.

"To the coordinates Cookie's tracking device is at." Unicorn held another device in his hand, which consisted of a screen with an arrow on it. The arrow seemed to move like a compass, probably leading to 'Cookie.'

"Okay!" Goldy flew towards him, flying in sync with him. "But why didn't we just teleport?"

"It's not safe. This area is known for being mysteriously dangerous. People have gone missing without a trace, and other's corpses have been found." Goldy went silent. "I won't let anything happen to you, alright?" Despite being in the air and holding the GPS, he took her hand, looking her in the eyes and smiling.

"I know, Luke." He smiled even wider, and Goldy responded with her own.

"Wait... we're here." The arrow was now pointing down, indicating the next direction they should take. Slowly descending, they each took a look around.

"Luke... there's nothing around here..."

"I'd beg to differ, but maybe we should head back..."

~

"Tiger Girl? Tea Man?" Lizzy was very confused, hadn't she called them and told them it was all okay?

"Hey Lizzy. We just wanted to check up on Collins."

"Oh! Come in." Lizzy stepped aside, allowing the two superheroes to enter the dorm. "Cookie!" Tina and Ryan both attempted to look very confused. It worked on everyone but Angel.

"Yes, Lizzy?" A voice strikingly similar to Cookie's called out.

"The superheroes I told you about are here!" Then, 'Cookie' came out from her room, glaring at the two.

"Oh?" She walked over, placing a hand on her hip. "You look... familiar..."

"Yeah, I save--" Tina had started to explain their last meeting, but she suddenly felt sick to her stomach. "Bathroom?" She asked hastily, and Lizzy pointed to the door. Tina immediately ran to the door, shutting it tight.

"Collins, she saved you when Casper first attacked here." At the name of the supervillain, 'Cookie' flinched.

"Oh... I don't seem to remember?" She seemed to be backing away into her room.

"Speaking of which, Collins." Ryan interrupted her escape. "Where were you?"

"U-Uh, what do you mean?"

"You went missing for two weeks or so. Where were you?"

"Oh! There was an emergency in my family."

"Oh, sorry. What happened?"

"I-- I don't want to talk about it..." 'Cookie' sounded convincing enough, but her face was expressionless.

"Mhmm..." Angel muttered, able to see through the façade. Lizzy, on the other hand physically indicated that they should leave her be.

"I'm back..." Tina muttered, her mask was slightly disheveled. One of her arms was stretched across her stomach, and the other covering her mouth. "I think I could use a new lunch..."

"Ti-- Tiger Girl, are you alright?" Angel facepalmed. Lizzy reached into the fridge and brought out some French Fries. She shoved them into the microwave.

"Just wait a bit, I'll have something for you." Lizzy grabbed the salt shaker on the counter.

She shook some salt onto the now hot fries and handed them to Tina.

"A childhood friend of mine really loved these..." Lizzy muttered, and Tina devoured the Fries.

"I don't know why, but I feel like two servings of E V E R Y T H I N G--"

"Tina, are you sure you're alright?"

"Yeah Cu---------- Tea Man, I'm fine!" Tina spoke.

"Tiger Girl, Tea Man, I think you should head back. Collins is fine, and it seems that Tiger Girl has contracted a disease. Or maybe she's--" Lizzy gasped, and ran into the other room.

"Dang, Lizzy..." Angel followed her.

~

"Ryan, can we stop by the pharmacy?"

"Why?"

"Because I need to make sure of something..."

~

When two superheroes enter a medicine shop, people automatically assume something is up.

When they're of the opposite genders and holding hands, they know it.

~

"No... Why now?" Tina was in the bathroom, in her normal clothes. Her tiger jacket was zipped up, as if she had something to hide. But she didn't, not yet. "This is super inconvenient..."

"Tina, everything alright in there?" Ryan asked after knocking.

"Yeah, we're starting to get worried!" Unicorn yelled, making Goldy giggle.

"Especially Ryan!"

Concerningly, she walked out of the room, giving each of them a glance, then looking Ryan in the eye.

"Guys, 

...I'm pregnant."