'the pain of the past' (final)

Still Hee-young P.O.V

"Seowoon.?" I called out.

He was hiding somewhere in a bush.

I guess he wanted to hide himself from people around here as most of them go to my school.

"H-hi.. It's really been a long time... You're looking.. Older. I-I mean you don't look old but.. You look more mature.." He stammered.

"Thanks." I smiled at his cuteness.

'Wait, he's not cute! He's a playboy! PLAYBOY.
Get your head straight!'
I thought.

"I.. Wanted to apologize for all these years of humiliation I brought upon you.. I'm so sorry I couldn't control myself that night." He sincerely apologized.

'why does he sound so sincere?? He's an asshole why do I feel like I've done more wrong then him!?'

"It was my fault.. I gave you acohol and I actually liked you back then even when you were dating my sister."

' why am I defending him!? '

"I never really thought you'd react like this.. I thought you'd slap me across the cheek like every girl does." He looked a little shy.

"I'd like to hear your explanation before I slap you." I sort of joked.

"That's very nice of you, thank you." he laughed.

"Let's go to a bench over there."

He grabbed my wrist and somehow.. My feelings for him started coming back..

~

He told me that before he transferred to our school, he used to be a hardcore playboy who'd play with 2 or more girls at once.

But when his mother got sick, he decided to change his ways by changing schools to turn over a new leaf.

He vowed to never date anyone when he moved.

He did find my sister quite cute but he didn't actually want to date her to keep to his vow.

It was because all of their friend egged them on to get together, he felt some pressure so he decided to date her for the sake of not getting pressured.

He said that his habit started to came back when he saw me because he felt something towards me.

I didn't actually believe but I nodded my head anyway for him to continue.

Almost all of his bad habits came back and so he did all those things.

When he saw the sad and mad look on my sister's face, he snapped out of it and left when she told him to leave.

He took all the humiliation from everyone because he knew he deserved it.

What made me very sad was that he wanted to change for the better but couldn't because me and my sister were in the way.

"I'm very sorry.." I said.

"No don't be, it was because of my petty feelings. It was more of my fault than yours. Anyway I have to go back to the hospital to take care of my mother. Take care... And honestly you were the nicest girl I ever met." he smiled and walked away.

~

I have mixed feelings now.

I thought he was a total jerk