~ Gɪᴠᴇ Iᴛ Yᴏᴜʀ Aʟʟ ~

Up there is a pic of the sunset, May 27, 2019 :)  The house also (partly) looks like Elijah and Ethan's old house (where they live in the story) so yeah :)

***************

All 4 of us stand in front of Doctor Smith, waiting for her to tell us what's wrong with Mom. Elijah interrupts her explain of what's happening to her body. "It's cancer, isn't it?" His hands are in his hair, and so are mine. A nervous/freaked out twin thing.

"No.. well... Yes," Doctor Smith says. Dad stares into space, Elijah falls back into a chair, putting his head in his hands, and I run out of the room. I hear Sub call my name, but I don't answer.

I slip into a small hall, filled with 2 vending machines, 3 benches, and at the end, a glass door leading out to the side parking lots. A big LED sign above marks 'EXIT.'

It reminds me of Sub.

Flashback..

What's up with feelings?! Ever since these two goof balls came, everyone's been flipped upside down. I'm more confident, Elijah barely does anything now (such a shocker!), this kid lost all of his confidence and..

Sub just lights us all up. The big LED light at the top of the bunch. Like the star at the Christmas tree, you know?

Flashback end..

I sit down on the bench, thinking, hoping, that Mom will give it her all. I hope she will. I can't loose her now. I just can't..

I slowly lay on the bench, my eyelids feeling heavy. Soon, all I see is darkness.

****************

Soon, I'm awakened by boney hands. I turn, and see Mom- but she's dressed in rags, and she's turned into a.. a.. skeleton!! "Mom! What happened?!" I cry, standing up. She tries to answer, but all that comes out is groans and squeaks. She grabs at me, and her embrace is warm, even though she's literally almost pieces. I start to cry, tears flooding the room quickly. I struggle to breathe, drowning in my own tears. Darkness overwhelms me again.

***************

I wake up this time to a regular hands shaking me. I look up, and Sub looks at me with sympathy in his eyes. "What?" I ask him, sitting up. He points to my shirt, and I see it's soaked. I touch my cheeks, and they're wet as well.

"Oh.." I murmur. Sub kisses my forehead, takes my hand, and leads me down the hall, back to Mom's room.

"She wants to talk to you."

😭