~ 🧡 ~

Sorry not sorry

~Back in Rochester~
         ~3rd person POV~

"Do you ever miss Sub?" Elijah asks, as he spreads peanut butter onto 2 slices of bread.

"Yes," Alex answers, propping his feet up on the table. "All the time. He's my best friend. We moved here together, we left here together. But he moved away without me and with someone else."

"With Ethan?" Elijah asks the older of the two, as he sets his plate down on the table next to Alex.

"Yeah."

"It's okay to be jealous of him, you know. He basically stole your man."

Alex chuckled, crossing his arms and raising an eyebrow at the younger Best. "Are you not my man?"

Elijah flushed, rubbing the back of his neck. "Um.. I guess I am," he answers nervously. He leans over and kisses the purple-haired man on the cheek.

"Thanks," Alex says, eating the PB & J sandwich his boyfriend made.

"Love you."

"Love you too, doofus."

☆◇☆◇☆◇☆◇☆◇☆◇☆◇☆◇☆

             ~Inwood, NY~
    ~Ethan's POV (Regular)~

"Thank you.. for doing this, Sub. You really didn't have to," I say, breaking the silence in our bedroom. The dark-brown haired boy shakes his head from the foot of our bed. "It had to be done. They had to know at some point."

"Are you sure?" I ask, gently sitting myself down next to him.

Silence.

"Look, it's my fault that you had t-"

"No, Ethan. It's not your fault. They had to at least figure it out eventually. We're super close all the time. If someone saw us in public before we were an item, they'd probably think we were together nonetheless. Okay?" Sub assures me, turning so he could look me in the eye.

"Okay," I say. "Gracias."

Sub smiles at the Spanish inserted in my sentence, and presses a small kiss on my lips. "You're learning. I bet soon you'll be able to speak fluently."

"How long did it take you to learn English when you moved here?" I question curiously.

"A year and a half, maybe. I had to learn all the basic words like 'hello,' 'goodbye,' and all that stuff first." Sub says.

"Oh. So do you think it will take me that long to learn Spanish?"

"There's still words I don't know," he admits. "If not at least a year, maybe longer."

I make a noise of approval, before letting my head lean on Sub's shoulder, and my thoughts take me away.

I was out like a light.

After all, I was home. With Sub. Anywhere with Sub was home.

☆◇☆◇☆◇☆◇☆◇☆◇☆◇☆◇☆

That's a wrap, people.

424 words; thank you for reading <3

Gracias - Thank you

~Aubree/Potatoes