~ Cᴏʟᴏɢɴᴇ ~

I should be doing schoolwork rn but I was just scrolling through my books to check the reads and here I am.. it just felt right

*******

I stared up at the sky. It was pink today. The pink colors bursting with tints of orange reminded me of a time when everything was normal.

When tranquility was set upon us, and we were so high in cloud nine.

But as the blues started to bloom, and the clouds revealed the sun, rising to its full potential, I knew I couldn't stay there forever.

The world would move along without me, and I would be left behind.

How unfortunate.

"Ethan?" Sub's voice comes from behind me, and I turn my head to the fire exit, where he's standing.

"Oh, good morning. Did I wake you up?" I reply, dusting my jeans off and stretching, before standing and walking over to Sub.

I fall into his arms, pushing my head into his neck. He wraps his arms around me and kisses my forehead. "Nah. I just wanted to see what you were doing up here."

"The usual," I mumble, breathing in Sub's cologne. It was a nice smell. He didn't put too much on, and even when he did it went unnoticed.

"Was the sunrise pretty?" Sub asks me, rubbing hearts on my back with his finger.

"Not as pretty as you," I shrug, pulling myself out of his arms.

"Oh yeah?" Sub questions, smirking. "I bet it wasn't as pretty as you."

"How do you know? You didn't even see it," I laugh, raising an eyebrow at my boyfriend. "It could've been the ugliest thing in the world."

"Ethan, you know that no sunrise or sunset is ever ugly."

"Yeah, I know.."

"Ethan," Sub frowns, lifting my chin up so I could look him in the eye. "What's wrong?"

"This. Everything," I say, breaking eye contact. He just lifts my chin back up. "Sub-"

"No, baby. Tell me what's wrong," Sub whispers, pulling me back into his arms.

A tear trickles down my cheek, and I feel ashamed that I'm even crying. "It's stupid. I'm fine," I mutter, trying to pull away.

Sub doesn't let me.

"You are not," He says. "Now tell me what's wrong."