CH. 1: I WAS JUST A CHILD

CHAPTER 1:
I WAS JUST A CHILD.
Anisha P.O.V.

"Anisha!"

Turning around and stopping my training, I saw my master and smiled. I levitated myself down from my four hour meditation session and walked towards him.

"Yes, ma-?"

And that smile was wiped away when he slapped me.

Hitting the ground, the cool stone hitting my skin, I cried out in pain and held my cheek as I looked at him.

"Master, wha-?"

"Stop this nonsense! We must hide the existence of a second Avatar, and your abilities are too strong. You must never grow stronger than Aang," I knew that my Master didn't like me, but he was the strongest Airbender I knew. From birth, he took care of me but after Aang was born, it was like I didn't even exist.

"But, I was the first born! I'm the first Avatar!" I spoke out against him, raising myself to my feet. Despite my words, I loved my brother and encouraged him to become a great Avatar.

Better than I would've been.

"The world must not know of another Avatar. You can only practice your Air bending, nothing more," He instructed.

"But-!".

"I said, nothing more!"

I spent my days training with my brother, as he was only allowed to do Air Bending until he fully mastered it.

But I knew I was too good for this level  of training. That Aang was beneath me in my talents, but they didn't want to risk me gaining strength against them.

So I was always pulled away from training early and sent to watch the children, clean the temple, or even be encouraged to watch a birth because they wanted me to marry and leave.

They loved me when I was first born.

They loved me as the first born Avatar.

But when Aang was born and also an Avatar, they saw him as stronger than me and that since he would become a man one day, that it was alright to claim him as the first born Avatar.

But I was first born.

I just wanted to wake up and train with my brother all day, have fun with him and be happy again.

I never held resentment towards Aang because I know it wasn't his doing. He was always saddened when I was suddenly pulled away from training or when we would play. I helped him better himself because since he was chosen, he would need all the help he could get.

I just wanted to be my brothers big sister again, but they wouldn't allow that.

And I wasn't going to let them make me speechless.

So, I ran away.

If you see a lot of changes, I wrote this back in 2018 so my writing style has definitely changed a lot since then and I'm updating and writing as I go.
Fun Fact:  Anisha knew about the tablet as a child but had no interest in it because Monks are to abstain from anything sexual.