CH. 3: PRINCE OF FIRE

CHAPTER 3:
PRINCE OF FIRE.
Anisha P.O.V.

"Are you mad at me?"

Aang caught me off guard with his question, but I guess it did look like I was with my arms crossed.

"No, I'm not mad at you."

"But you look mad."

"Sorry Aang, I'm just frustrated. I really wanted to be friends with Katara," Sokka had banished us. Just moments before gran gran was going to tell me what she think may have happened to us, Sokka was furious at Aang for possibly signaling the Fire Nation.1

"To teach her water bending, right?" I looked at him.

"Sorry, I kinda told her you were practising water bending before we went under," He confessed.

"It's fine. But, I was practising, Aang. She needs a teacher, not someone who's barely even scratched the surface of it. I still can't control it with my emotions," I explained to him.

Appa groaned in response.

"Oh, don't you start with me," I sassed playfully.

After a few seconds of not hearing Aang shuffle around or ask questions, I looked up to see him staring ahead.

What's he staring at?

And my eyes widened when I followed his gaze to a Fire Navy ship headed straight towards the village.

No.

"I'll be right back," Aang tried leaving, but I grabbed his wrist.

"Not without me."

"But-!"

"No buts, Aang. Don't forget, I'm the Avatar too."

_________________

Although my brother decided to make his grand entrance by sledding in on a penguin, I flew in and rested myself infront of the villagers while Aang sled under a soldier and knocked him over.

Very classy, Aang.

The soldier got back up and glared at us with such hatred that I'd think we were life long rivals. His eyes a flaming ember as he looked at Aang and it sent shivers up my spine.

With one quick hand movement, the other soldiers surrounded us and Aang quickly acted by slamming his staff to the ground and snow gushed into their faces.

"Looking for us?" Aang glared back.

"You're the Air Bender? You're the Avatar?" The soldier questioned.

"Technically, we both are," Aang added in, and the soldier glanced up at me.

"That's impossible! You-!" But then, he stopped himself and his eyes slightly widened.

"Yup! Surprise! Now there's two to kick your butt," Aang smirked.

Don't get too cocky, little brother.

"I've spent years training for this encounter - training, meditating, and you're just children!"

Excuse me?! I'm fifteen!