Nice and Calm

I wake up to the sun hitting my face, I check my phone and it's 9 am. I notice Josh wasn't next to me. I start smelling bacon and pancakes and get up in pain. I forgot about the ribs. I carefully head downstairs. My brother was cooking for me and my mom. The rest of the pack had already eaten.

"Good morning pup." He grabs a plate and serves me.

"Thanks, J." I grab the plate and sit to his left as our mom sits to his right. We eat in silence till it's broken.

"What do you want for your birthday?" My mom puts a piece of bacon in her mouth.

"Um... anything is fine." I take a drink of my orange juice. I hate my birthday and it's tomorrow, Saturday, July 23rd.

"Are you ready for your first shift tomorrow?" He finishes his plate and puts all of our plates in the sink.

"No, I'm scared I'll shit myself during the process." I have heard some wolves have literally pooped while shifting because of the pain.

"There is my loving blunt sister that I miss," Josh said smiling.

Wolves are supposed to shift when they're 15-17, but I'm a late bloomer like my mom likes to say to sugar coat it.  Mom was worried because Alpha blood are supposed to shift when they're 15. She took me to the doctor a month after my birthday and they said it was because I suffered trauma from when my dad was killed. I was closer to dad than Josh was. He turned into the Alpha after my dad's death. That was almost 3 years ago.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today is my 15 birthday and I wake up to my family coming into my room.
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY PUP!" they all say at the same time.

"Get ready pup, Alpha Jackson's family is coming over to celebrate with us your birthday." Alpha Jackson and his family are very close to us. He is best friends with my dad since they met at Alpha training when they were teenagers. We grew up with them. Dad took out a box from his pocket and gave it to me. I open it and it's beautiful. It was a white gold necklace with a teardrop shape opal stone.

"Dad it's gorgeous thanks!"

"I knew you would like it. It has been passed around to every female in my family." He gave it to me. His bright hazel eyes shone.

"Go get ready we will wait for you downstairs." Dad opens the door and everybody leaves. I put on my bathing suit and a t-shirt and shorts over it. For my age, I was a bit bustier than most girls, which made me self-conscious. Especially when you get attention from older men. I put my shoes on and get ready to meet them downstairs in our Alpha house.

We go to our backyard where the pool is. We just have a barbecue. Alpha Jackson comes in with his family. Alpha Jackson is the Alpha of Blood Stone. He has two kids Xander being the oldest and Josh's age. And Kimberly being 2 years older than me. I was the "baby" of the group, kind of annoying. I've always had a crush on Xander, but I kept it hidden. I'm supposed to wait for my mate and I'm a minor, not that it matters in the werewolf world. As long as there was no sexual inter-coarse with minors and there isn't a huge age gap.

They came in through the back door of the house. Alpha Jackson and Luna Ella greet us then come and hug me. They gave me a gift that I put on the table. Kimberly was next and she came and hugged me. Her long dark brown hair is gorgeous. She then went to greet my parents. Xander had a mischievous smirk that he always had when he approached me.

"How's the beautiful birthday girl?" He said as he hugged me, it was a long hug that I enjoyed.

"Fine." The hug gave me butterflies. When I let go he smiled and walked with me to my parents. He greeted them respectfully then we walked to the pool. Josh and Kimberly were waiting for us. Josh was already in his swimming trunks, so Kimberly and Xander left to go change. When they came back Josh jumped into the water splashing us. Kimberly and Xander followed his lead.