Mate picnic

I wake up to water being splashed on me.
"What the hell!"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY " my family screams.

"Wait, is there cake?" I get up and grab a towel from my bathroom. I realize I wasn't in any discomfort from my ribs. All good and healed up.

"Yeah here," Lia gives me my cake. It was my favorite cake, tres leches. It had pastel pink frosting, chocolate flakes, walnuts, and my name on it. I place it on my desk and cut into it, giving everyone a piece. We finish the cake and throw the bottom in the trash. Cake for breakfast is how you start a good day.

"We'll leave you so you can get changed, and don't forget the mate picnic starts at 4 pm! I beg you, please be on time." Josh pleads to me as they leave the gifts on the desk and hug me as they head out.

"I won't forget bro I promise! And thank you! " My brother and mom left, it's just me and Lia.

"Hey what time is it?"

"It's noon and we have 4 hours to get ready." Lia heads to my closet and I follow her.

"Do you have anything in mind of what you want to wear?" She opens the door to my closet.

"Well, I'm thinking something easy to take off," I said not realizing how I said it. Lia smirked and wiggled her eyebrows. I was about to explain when she interrupted me.

"Don't worry I understand you will want to have sex with your mate it's-" I stopped her.

"No, not because of that! I need something I can remove because I'll be shifting. I won't have sex with somebody I just met, no matter how hot or big they are." I said smirking. Two can play this game.

"Oh my god, the one time I try to make you uncomfortable it backfires!" Lia said irritated.

"Okay here, take these." She gives me a light blue cropped top, panties, and a blue floral ditsy mini skirt.

"Bra or no bra? I don't know if I'm comfortable with people staring at my chest" I asked debating my choices.

"No bra, it's gonna be hot, and let them stare, you already intimidate most wolves. If somebody does bother you then you can beat the crap out of them. Or Josh can." Lia answered smiling and reassuring me. I don't know what I would do without her.

"What are you wearing?"

"A white romper with lace on the edges."

"Okay meet me in an hour." She walks out and I go feed Rain. I let her roam while I go take a shower. I have to admit I am nervous to shift for the first time. Lia shifted last year but she couldn't attend the mate picnic because she had to visit her sister in another pack. Her sister had given birth to a baby girl. Lia had a beautiful creamy light brown wolf. I sort of already know what my wolf's color is. All Alpha blood has dark fur, mostly black.

I get out of the shower and change. I then put some lotion on. As I head out I see Lia on my bed watching Netflix with Rain next to her.

"Hey you ready for makeup?" she said as she got up from the bed and placed Rain down.

"Yep, let's do it."

"Are you nervous?" Lia asked while applying some foundation.

"Yeah, what about you. Are you nervous about the possibility of finding your mate?" I was applying some concealer under my eyes.

"To be honest no, worst case scenario I could either find him and he could be a jerk or I don't find him." After that, we stayed silent concentrating on our makeup. We kept it simple but made sure to look good. She applied lip gloss while I applied chapstick. I'm not a fan of hair on my lips. We both curled our hair and put on our white converse. It was around 3 pm so we decided to head out to the meadow. I put Rain back in her enclosure and refilled her hay before leaving.