Second Point

Xander's POV

We head out to the meadow following Lauren. I was mad because of what happened earlier and also because she wouldn't stay. She would be in harm's way but she is a stubborn wolf. I wanted to force her to stay, but she isn't my mate. I can't show my affections towards her even if I have had a few slip-ups earlier. I have no say in her life. I'm also mad that Josh is letting her get away with this. She needs to talk not ignore her problems.

As we entered the bar I could feel the tension between the other Alphas. Alpha Luka was probably being a jackass and moron like he was when he hugged Lauren. I'm not surprised the Alphas were arguing. I sat next to him so Lauren couldn't.

"Can I please have 4 shots of vodka for each of us please?" Lauren ordered for all of us.

"I don't think that's a great idea," I said and grabbed her hand trying to soothe my worries. My wolf was on edge.

"You are not my mate, butt off please." That sentence affected me more than I would have liked.

"Please don't start drinking again," Josh added, finally we agreed on something.

" You both know what today is, I need a distraction." She said as the drinks arrived. I know this is a hard time for her but she shouldn't take it out on herself.

"Ready?" That was all she said before she took the four shots down. I didn't drink mine.

"Ok eight more for me!" She said as she took the shots I didn't want.

Lauren then went dancing and Luka followed for malevolent reasons I suppose. Dakota then followed to protect Lauren. I didn't want her to dance at all but I can't do anything about it.

"What is today?" Alpha Dallas asked.

"It's her birthday and the day our Dad died," Josh answered. Alpha Dallas then turned to look at Lauren he held pity in his eyes for her.

I was about to speak when I felt two hands snake around my waist from behind me. I turned around and saw Kendall smiling.

"Hi handsome, any luck?" She asked a bit sad.

"Nope, no mate." That was all I said and it switched her mood quickly. She was now joyful.

"It's okay, I'll give you all the pups you want," Kendall said trying to cheer me up and kissing me.

Kendall is a very kind person with who I empathize with. She will be turning thirty in two years and hasn't found a mate. She wants pups and has given up hope on finding her mate.

"I'm going to get some food okay," Kendall said hinting at the food tents. I just nodded and continued my talk with the Alphas.

Lauren then later came back to sit on a stool next to me. She was burning up and under the influence of Vodka. The warmth that radiates off of her is alarming.

"She will have water, please,"  Josh ordered and gave her the water. All the Alphas were looking at her. We could all tell.

"What?" She asked annoyed.

"You're hot," I said straightforward.

"I know, but calm down." She answered and giggled which only made me smirk at her comment.