𝟎𝟐

M E A N guy walked me home

His face was hard and he looked like he was about to explode any minute now but I didn't bother opening my mouth.

You're safe, his presence seemed to say. I wrapped my arms around myself tighter and quickened my steps. I was anxious to go home even if no one was waiting for me there.

Or not. They could be. But I never know.

Mean guy was beside–behind me. I could tell he was surveying the surroundings around us, possibly looking for any signs of danger. He kept his mouth shut and I was thankful for that. I could tell I wasn't in the right mind to answer any questions after what just happened.

     Or he just doesn't care much.

     And is walking the same path as I am.

     He just so happens to be there when I ran for my life. This was just a coincidence and he's just being respectful. Shaking my thoughts off, I sigh. I don't care much about that. All I'm thankful for is I am feeling safe now that he was with me.

The fear ran through my body as quick as I thought about what happened. I shivered.

I'm safe. I'm safe. I'm safe. I chanted in my head until the familiar house came into view. Such a big house for a girl who lives alone. Right now, all that matters is that I had the opportunity to run away before those guys—and who knows, a couple more of them—could hurt me. All I should be thinking about is that I'm safe and away from those two disgusting excuse of men.

     No one should go through what I had to go through. The fear was too much.

I began walking towards the tall gates of my house. My finger pressed the white button. I cleared my throat before speaking, wincing as I heard my voice and felt the painful scratch it caused.

"H-Hey, Claw. It's Morgan."

Almost immediately, the tall gates opened and Mrs. Josefa came running towards me along with our security guard, Claw.

     "My dear, my dear! Oh, my darling. Where have you been? We were so worried. Oh mija." I stood there in front of her as she fussed over me.

"Oh, your dress." She tsked. "What happened to you?" She dusted whatever was on my dress with her hands. Mrs. Josefa was a loyal helper of our household. She had been taking care of me for as long as I could remember. My heart always goes to her. She had been more of a mother to me than my own. I was positive that I'd do anything for this kind soul.

". . .dearie. You need to learn how to text me. I think you forget that I know how to use phones now." She tsked. I gave her a small smile in return.

"Come come. Let's get—" Mrs. Josefa put an arm around me and started to walk but I stopped when she did. She turned her gaze to me, her eyes twinkling in excitement. What?