𝟎𝟓

"W H A T took you so fucking long, your highness?"

With a gasp, I turned to my right with a pout and saw him, leaning back on a wall with a smug smirk on his face. On his hand were my high heels.

My heart felt like flying.

And not in a bad way.

It seems like he didn't leave me here alone at all. Was he waiting for my all this time? Nevertheless, I was glad for his presence. I never thought I'd even think of those words after what had happened earlier and the attitude this boy has. Especially after what he had made me feel. He was just the type of person made the alarms ring on my head.

And yet I always find myself turning the alarm off.

"W-What are you doing? Didn't you leave?" I ask. He rolls his beautiful grey eyes that I am beginning to like and takes a step towards me. Without my heels, I had to tilt my head up to see his face. I winced at the height difference and the cold floor beneath my injured feet.

"I never left."

"Oh. So why—" I was interrupted by a man in a suit, bowing his head to Khairro. "Mr. Laudato, the shoes you asked for," he says. Khairro simply nodded at the man before snatching the shoebox out of the guy's hand. I let out a small gasp at the action.

He didn't even say thank you and the man just left without another word. Where did his manners go?

"That was so rude," I mutter, my eyebrows creased. I crossed my arms across my chest and gave the rude boy in front of me a glare. His actions ceased, opening the box halfway, to raise an eyebrow at me. I wait as he stares at me, he looks as if he was contemplating on telling me something. His eyes glazed over before they went back to being the lifeless orbs they usually were. He shrugs and continued to open the box, not bothering to say anything else.

As soon as I opened my mouth to give him a piece of my mind, he knelt down in front of me that caused the words to die down in my throat. I curled my hands into the ends of my dress as I felt his warm hand wrap around my feet. He lifted it up from the carpeted floor and slid a slipper on.

I gasped in both awe and shock. They were so cute. On my bruised feet were white fuzzy slippers. If my feet could sigh, it would at this exact moment. The slippers were so soft and fluffy on my feet and I found myself smiling.

They were just absolutely adorable. They were my size as well. I will officially wear this as often as I can. If he thinks I was going to return it, ha!

     Sucker.

What was I going to tell him again?

"Let's go."

My feet automatically fell into action. I followed him out of the venue. After a few minutes of walking, I was still at the door of the venue and he was already at the lobby. I couldn't find it in me to keep up with his long strides. I was tired, I felt betrayed, and I was a little intimidated by Khairro's presence. It was as if there was a sudden shift in his attitude that made me cautious with my words and actions. If I'm being honest, I didn't like that.